Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Juno and Josh. Love it.

So I have a free second here (woot!) and I've got two things to talk about quickly. Numero Uno...Juno. This movie was great. My friend Courtney and I went and saw it last night (yes same girl I saw Lars and the Real Girl With, we love quirky awkward movies...what can I say?) Anyhoo. in brief the movie is about a girl, Juno (Ellen Page), who gets knocked up by her adorably awkward best friend/wanabe boyfriend Paulie (Michael Cera). She's only sixteen and immediately seeks a family to adopt the unborn baby, cue Jen Garner and Jason Bateman as the happy suburban couple desperately wanting a baby. That's about all the back story you really need for this one. Anything else I say would take away from the humor of the movie. Juno is so blunt and the comedy is so raw it's hilarious. Granted the whole movie isn't just about comedy, there are some serious parts and rather touching moments (Jen does an amazing job I think, as does Ellen Page). Basically I highly recommend it. It's funny, it's cute, it's sweet and it's just the kind of comedy you need to relax and watch during this oh so busy season. Anyhoo, check out the trailer and then go to your nearest Indie Flick carrying theater and watch it:


And secondly. Josh Kelley. He is great. First of all, he's marrying Katherine Heigl this weekend...how cute will that wedding be?! I just hope she picks some better bridesmaid dresses than in her newest movie 27 Dresses, haha. And he's going to sing at their wedding!? Precious.
Anyhoo, not the main reason I'm writing about him. I just got an email today to pre-order his new CD Special Company that's coming out in February. So who wants to buy it for me?? It's only ten bucks, haha. Well that and his Myspace is housing a couple more of his songs like "Hey Katie", "Unfair", and my pretty much favorite "Tidal Wave" . So go and check them out and enjoy the musical wonderousness!

Happy Tuesday!

15 comments:

tiff said...

Juno is FINALLY released in Michigan this weekend, I'm bubbling over with excitment for it (Lars was pretty much my favorite movie of the year)!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see this movie, katelin! your post has pushed me even more so to run to the theater the minute after i leave work and sit and watch and, i already know, cry.

i want to live an awkward life of subtle humor with michael sera.

longredcape said...

I really want to see Juno! It's not in my theater :(

Kiki said...

I saw Juno last week at a screening and I LOVED it!! So glad you did, too :)

Virginia said...

Maren and I were going to go see Juno last night, but it isn't in any of the theaters here!! I am so bummed. It had better get here soon, because god knows how I love Michael Cera.

G.G. said...

I can't wait to see it! I like Jennifer Garner. Nice review!

t.b.f.love. said...

I'm so happy for Josh & Katherine's wedding too! They are adorable together, and who doesn't love a wedding?

nicole antoinette said...

I LOVED Juno. Best movie in a long time.

Janet said...

2 great recommendations...thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, I so want to see Juno!!!

Susie said...

Yay, I love Josh Kelley!! He is amazing.

And now I'm even more excited to go see Juno...thanks for the review!

Andréa said...

Man! I am dying to see that movie!! I have heard so many good things about it!

Becka Robinson said...

Ooooo! I'm so glad it's good! I've been wanting to see it so badly! Thanks for the review!

Unknown said...

this is totalyl and completely random, but your post reminded me of this movie: "Once."

Have you seen it? Amazing. GO, Run to the video store if you havent. AMAZING. And amazing music too.

LBIC said...

Ugh, I haven't seen it yet and it isn't playing at a theater near me :(

I van't wait to, though.