Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend rundown.

Le movie was Things We Lost in the Fire, saw it with Megan at Paseo...oh the lovely busy busy high school atmosphere of Paseo, gotta love it. Okay onto the movie, if you want to be sad yet moved at the same time, go see this movie. It was really good, but at the same time so utterly depressing. It touches on serious subjects like loss of a loved one, drug addiction, marital relationships and the attitude/reaction of children in difficult situations. In a nutshell, Halle Berry loses her husband, David Duchovny, to an unfortunate accident and in her grieving she decides to take in one of his best friends, Benicio Del Toro, who happens to be a recovering heroin addict. The movie from there follows their ups and downs of recovering and moving on with their lives. It's a really good movie and I highly recommend it...just be prepared to be sad. Oh. And be prepared to see Halle Berry's eyelashes, because seriously whoever the cinematographer is loooooves close ups (no exaggeration).

Moving on. Got back from the movie and went to Matt's house to hang out. Saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while, which is always nice. And even nicer is that Matt saw my Friday post and my desire for a Madris and he went out and got me Sky Vodka (so I wouldn't have to have Popov, granted I would have had it anyways) and pulpless orange juice, oh I love him, haha. And to answer people's question on Friday, the Madris is simply orange juice, cranberry juice and vodka. You can add some lime to it or sprite to mix it up a bit, but I love it. It's simple and delicious. However I give you warning that not all bartenders know what this drink is, some do and some don't, so I usually just order vodka, cranberry, orange juice just to be on the safe side, haha.

Saturday, my grandma turned 95! 95! That is so incredibly old, haha. But really, my grandma was surrounded by family and friends at Shogun, her fave restaraunt, and all around a great time was had. Gotta love it.

From there, Matt and I went to California Speedway to the Ford Fun Fact Weekend (I think that's the name?) and saw some drag races and cool Mustangs and cars and people and cars and more races, haha. It was pretty fun. I even got to meet some of his school friends, so that was cool.

Other than that, the rest of the weekend was spent watching TV/movies/football and washing my car and trying not to blow over in the wind and going to the Targ and meeting the new baby down the street and having Matt cook dinner for my fam and watching news about the fires that are running rampant in SoCal and relaxing and reading "Wicked" (I loooove it).

Mmmmm. Okay time to get working working working. Busy day of stuff, haha. I'll be back later to hit up the celeb world, holla.

0 comments: