Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Spooktacular weekend.

So I was totally going to post a weekend recap yesterday and try and get back on some sort of blogging schedule but then Matt had to go and get all cute and surprise me with a full day o fun, haha. Anyhoozits, the weekend in a word: AMAZING. I know I say this every time, but all weekends should be three days, it's just so much better that way. So weekend? Go:

Friday: After work I headed home and Matt and I met up with some friends for dinner at a delicious little BBQ place. I mean they have pulled pork quesadillas, how can you go wrong with that?! (answer: you can't. it's delicious!) It was fun to just hang out and have a good time and destress from the week, loverly.

Saturday: Slept in a bit before going on an errand spree. Seriously I felt like I was on a gameshow. Matt and I returned some duplicate wedding gifts and then went on the best grocery shopping trip ever. Seriously, the store is closing down until June so everything (and I mean EVERYTHING - hello wine and cheese my good friends) was 50% off, it was insanity and awesomeness. To celebrate we went to Universal Studios for the afternoon and had a cute little date night and twas just lovely.

Sunday: Sundays have become "my day" since Matt goes and watched football and I'm quite alright with it, haha. So my day was spent with some more errands, catching up on my DVR recordings and starting Dexter Season 4 (I know right?! YES! So good already!). Basically the day was lazy and perfect and I sort of like having time to myself every now and then.

Monday: Oh sweet random October holiday how I love you. And what I love even more is Matt waking me at 9:30 by saying "get dressed and don't ask questions we have a surprise day." So I got dressed and we were on our way! And where to?! Only the happiest place on Earth! DISNEYLAND!!

Seriously Matt knew that I'd been in a bit of a funk lately and felt like I needed a pick-me-up and seriously how could Disneyland not cheer me up?? (and yes Matt definitely surprised me with a trip to Disneyland for Halloween last year, and yes I was just as surprised and just as excited because man do I LOVE that place). The day was awesome. We walked around all day, went on every ride we wanted, went to both parks (California Adventure, yes please!), ate park food and ice cream and laughed and just had a great time together (sapfest? Yes, I know). Anyhoo, apparently I forgot to take a lot pictures (which I'm come to terms with being okay with these days) but some will suffice:

seriously how CUTE is this Mickey pumpkin.

hello Main Street.

Matt and Jack Sparrow, love this ride.

a little nigh action on Main Street.

I mean yeah I was uber sore yesterday and incredibly exhausted but thank goodness for a four day work week and loverliness.

And how was your weekend? Did you have Monday off? Do anything ridiculous?




happy wednesday!

8 comments:

Nora said...

Awww, I love that he surprised you with a fun day trip! What a sweet husband. Mickey has a pumpkin? Amazing. I must go back to Disney soon. It makes me incredibly happy to go there even though I'm supposed to be an adult.

And Pirates? One of my favorite rides ever.

Ali said...

Oh Matt...you perfect, perfect husband, you.

So much fun!

Julie Q said...

Yay for Disneyland! One of the first things gus said when we found out we were pregnant was.. YES! We can now plan a trip to Disney World!!! hahahaha it must be a guy thing

amanda said...

what a wonderful surprise. must be nice to have disneyland in your backyard. what a fun day trip. matt is quite the guy!

that mickey pumpkin rocks.

andddd, i have every monday off. i'm a brat like that. however, my company did not have off. shame.

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

How FUN! It's such a blast to go to Disneyland when it's all decorated for the holidays!

Jealousies raging over here. I want to go ride Pirates, like now.

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

I am so jealous you were off on Monday! Ugh I wish we were closed. And Disneyland, what a great day!!

jamie said...

Disney is one of my favorite places ever! I need to go back like ASAP.

Babito's Dad said...

What a cool surprise! We were there on Monday too!