Wednesday, August 22, 2007

There really is a kitchen god.

So last night several things happened. One, the sun was not blaring in my face on the drive home...meaning Fall is on the way. And don't get me wrong, I love Fall, I love October, I love leaves, and football and pretty nights, but I do not like driving home in the dark! I swear people in Los Angeles become full on morons when it's dark outside. Last year was the first time I had ever experienced driving home when it was full on dark outside (I get off of work at 6:30) and let me tell you, it was not a pretty picture. I had several near death experiences (okay I may be exaggerating, but still) on my drives home last Fall/Winter and I must say that I am not looking forward to it again. Maybe this time around will be better? I'm a more experienced driver (haha)? Oh well, Fall is almost here and not a whole lot I can do about it.

And on a much lighter note, the second thing to happen last night....the kitchen gods smiled upon me, haha. As many of you know I am pretty lazy when it comes to cooking and the kitchen. Only lately when my boyfriend has made it a group activity have I really been interested in it and even last year when I was living in an apartment on campus and cooking for myself I was still pretty lazy, haha. However last night, I wasn't lazy per say, more like creative, haha. My parents were still out of town, my sister wasn't home and my boyfriend was on his way over. So basically I had to raid our somewhat full but seemingly empty refrigerator and come up with something delicious, haha. Also a straining factor was the fact that my house was a million degrees and it was warm outside and I really didn't want to cook cook anything....decisions decisions.

So in light of all of this I somehow threw together an easy and yummy meal. I made some penne pasta with chicken, my mom's homemade salsa (lots of tomatoes, peppers, onions, yum), vinegar and oil salad dressing, feta cheese and some garlic salt. And go me, it was delish. Matt couldn't stop telling me how good it was and I must say that made me pretty happy since he is clearly the chef in our relationship.

Other than that, my night was spent watching Dr. Strangelove, the finale of "America's Got Talent" (even though no one in my family watches that show) and an episode of "The Singing Bee" (random I know) and just hanging out. All of which is a good combo for a Tuesday night if I do say so.

Okay well time to get to work, I was the second person here today so I think that entitles me to an early morning post, haha. Woo.



**side note, I feel like I may have gone overboard on commas today, don't really know why that is. But I apologize to Margo and Kiki, my grammar loving friends.

0 comments: