So I know it's Tuesday and it should be a Hollywood day but after being sick for a week there was just too much Hollywood for me to catch up on and share and yeah. But I did see that Jessica Simpson is engaged and what? And what? I'm baffled. But then again it had me thinking about weddingness again (and really have I ever stopped?).
Can you believe I've been married almost three* months?! THREE WHOLE MONTHS!? I mean yeah not that long but then again it feels like my wedding was yesterday. Anyways, I still find myself watching Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings and all sorts of wedding shows (basically TLC takes over my life when I'm bored) and loving them all. And not that I'm a wedding expert of any kind but I feel like there are just some things an almost bride or a one day bride needs to hear and I feel like sharing them, so here we go:
- Don't be afraid to fall in love with the first wedding dress you try on. It happens and it's okay. If you love a dress, you love it and that's what matters the most.
- Take a picture of your dress once you buy it! I can not emphasize this one enough. I was so glad my sister took a picture of me in my dress because I constantly found myself telling people the wrong details and would have to go look at the picture to remind myself. It happens, you forget what your dress looks like, so PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE and save yourself the drama when you go and get it later.
- It's okay to rely on other people. I mean you won't survive otherwise. But at the same time, make sure you're relying on the right people and not that friend that's flaky that you hope will change.
- You don't have to wear heels. I mean yes some girls enjoy heels so it's no big deal, but don't feel like you haaaave to wear them. I wore sandals the entire day and I could not have been happier.
- You'll become privy to both the best and the worst sides of some of your closest friends and family. Some friends will flake on you, some will be there whenever you need their opinion and some family member will wig out over something small while someone else will step in in a big way. Just be prepared, because that is something you can never predict.
- Don't forget about your groom. I mean not all groom's are as hands on as Matt was and not all of them want to be, but don't forget to ask for their opinion when it counts.
- It's okay to cry when you look at your wedding pics or the video, even if you didn't cry the day of. I am guilty of both. I miss my wedding, like a lot.
love our crazy party.
So what would you add?
*update, I've almost been married three months not two. Clearly this sickness is affecting my ability to count, haha.