Monday, November 8, 2010

Suit up!

Oh hello Monday, I was so not ready for you today I really wasn't, but alas you are here. With that, my weekend was lovely and relaxing and just how I like it.

Friday: After work I came home and Matt informed me that we were dressing up and going out. So I put on one of my favorite dresses, he put on a new suit and we went to a little Italian place in Old Town and had a lovely date night that made me think of our honeymoon. After dinner we came home and hung out for a bit before Jeff came back in his matching suit and we were on our way to our favorite dive bar.

check out those classy dudes.

Clearly we were the classiest kids in the place and it was just funny all around. The rest of the night was spent drinking and laughing and dancing in our seats and just having a good time all around.

Saturday: Had a relaxing morning before getting ready and setting up to have some of my friends over for a little Wii Party Party. Brand About Town was awesome enough to send me the new game and a Dominos gift card along with a remote and a disco ball (so ridiculous but so awesome) to throw a little shin dig to try the game out. So I decided to invite my sister and some of my friends that I hadn't really got to hang out with since my wedding.

my sister kicked ass at this game.

Basically it was a great afternoon. The pizza was delicious, we snacked on popcorn and laughed our way through trying to figure out the games. The mini games were always the funniest as they always had us doing something different and ridiculous and clearly none of us were gamers.

everyone was so focused, clearly we're
a serious bunch when we Wii it out.

We all switched off with the remotes and got sufficient play time and got to talk smack to each other and laugh and it was just a great afternoon all around.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing at home since I was sans drivers license. I even tapped into my sentimental side and watched Phantom of the Opera and definitely found myself getting teary while singing along (sometimes I just don't understand myself, haha). Basically it was a lovely and fun day all around.

Sunday: Slept in a bit before relaxing some more and finishing up season 4 of Dexter (I mean, just no. What am I going to watch now?!?) and sleeping and playing the Sims (clearly I have an addiction, along with a new addiction to ramen and cup of noodle but that's another post for another day, haha). There was a small break from not being a recluse where I went walking with my mom (yeah we're doing the half marathon again in February so I should probably get back on the walking wagon) and then came home and relaxed some more watching football with Matt and reading and swooon to Sundays sometimes.


And how was your weekend? Did the time change totally eff up your sleep schedule too? Do you cry at musicals/operas too or is it just me?


happy monday!


*Brand About Town provided me with all the Wii Party goodies but didn't ask me to write about it or pay me, so FTC all of the thoughts and comments are my own because clearly it was a bad ass time*

6 comments:

Susan said...

You had the perfect weekend.

Rachel said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, lady! And yes, I cry at musicals ALL the time. HECK! I cry when they sing on Glee!! I'm a sap!

Lacey Bean said...

Fun! I played Wii all weekend since Brand About Town sent me the new Kirby game - I'm addicted. And I just started playing Sims again - but I made myself have 2 teenagers and they're annoying!!! Hahah.

Nora said...

I need a weekend to spend with my Wii. So behind on gaming!

Love that Matt surprised you with a night out like that. What a doll :)

Allison M. said...

i love awesome FTC guideline statments.

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Sounds like a great weekend! That Nintendo party sounds like it was a ton of fun!