Monday, February 1, 2010

Pirates and parties, just not at the same time.

Another weekend gone by wayyy too quickly but at least it was a good one, so here we go.

Friday: After I got home we (me, Matt, Matt's brother Brad and my neighbor Erica) all decided that we didn't want to go out to eat, so we ordered BBQ (from Barn Burner and ohmygod it was heavenly) that Matt picked up and then settled in to have ourselves a pirate night, aka we watched Pirates of the Caribbean and enjoyed every single minute of it. Basically it was a perfect night in and I'm so glad that's how we spent it.

Saturday: Slept in for a bit (heavenly) before heading to meet with our wedding coordinator/caterer for the day. And um yes it was for the day because we were there for three hours, but man was it productive and I love having a coordinator. After we got home we did some reading, some sleeping before heading to my friend Kimmy's graduation party. The party was quite fun, lots of delicious Filipino food, good friends, good music an all around a good time. Once we got home Matt and I played some Wii for a quick bit before calling it a night, basically another successful not-too-crazy evening.

Sunday: Woke up way to early to walk nine miles (the half marathon is in 3 weeks! holy crap how did that happen!?!). Got home and hung out a bit before heading to Target where I spent way too much money on too many awesome things, seriously I love Target but I hate how much I end up spending there, it's ridiculous. After my shopping spree Matt and I headed to the movies to see Avatar. Yes, I was planning to give in. "Was" being the key word here because we got to the theater and it was freaking sold out. What?? How are so many people still seeing this movie?! It's a little annoying. So Avatar viewing has been pushed to next week, hopefully. Instead we came home to watch some Indiana Jones, because um, those movies are awesome, and make some mac and cheese and just relax and enjoy the night.

So yeah that was the weekend, sweet and loverly. And what? No pictures! Yeah I know, it's nuts, I've gone three weekends without taking pictures and it's even freaking me out. Anyhoo, how was your weekend? Full of pictures I hope!



happy monday!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like a (mostly) relaxing weekend!! :)

And girl... you go to more graduation parties than anyone i've ever met ! LOL

The Modern Gal said...

I love these kind of weekends where you do just enough to not be hermits but you still get to relax and rest. Sounds like fun!

Nora said...

It's okay to spend the weekend without a camera and enjoying it all. What? BBQ that delivers/has take out? Sign me up.

I also went to Target yesterday and spent *way* too much money.

I did take a few pictures this weekend but haven't uploaded them.. yet!

Kathy Campbell said...

Pirate night is always awesome! I seriously could watch that first one over and over and over....

Ellie said...

Ah, the heaven of those weekends.

Julie Q said...

9 miles??!? I'm impressed..

Auburn Kat said...

I really, really need to start working out again...I've been just so lazy lately! The only thing I want to do is stay inside where it is warm and read!

Bayjb said...

OH yeah, you have to buy those tickets to Avatar early. We were just going to show up but bought tix early which was good because it was sold out until 10 p.m when we got there

Ali said...

No pics?

Who are you and what have you done with Katelin?

nicole antoinette said...

Is this where I officially accept your and Matt's couchsurfing offer?? Because I'm *so* down.