Thursday, February 25, 2010

Text me.

I think I'm becoming a texter. Seriously what is wrong with me? First I start drinking coffee then I start to like red wine and now I'm becoming a texter all of a sudden, what is going on?!?

If you know me in real life you'd know that I rarely used to text people. If someone texted me I would call them back. I only had 200 texts on my plan and I just didn't like doing it, it was boring and tedious and I was all about calling to make plans because clearly that is just way easier.

However now I have an iphone (which makes texting so much easier, hello auto correct, I pretty much love you, pretty much being the key word because you have yet to accept that I say "haha" way more than "gaga" in texts, but whatever, I can move past that), I've upped my plan to 1,500 texts because people wouldn't stop texting me so I was getting charged for going over and now I've become a texter. I text! A lot! I don't think I've made it anywhere past 400 yet but still it's a little nuts and a wee bit overwhelming for someone who rarely texted anyone.

I feel like I've entered a new realm of technology or something, like some hidden texting group that was forbidden before and I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I sort of miss phone calls as my minutes go unused and my text number sky rocket. But alas I guess that's just the way it goes, maybe one day people will remember how to dial again and we'll actually chat, that would be lovely.

So are you a talker or a texter, or the mythical both?


*and yes I know I used a picture of ridiculously old phones, but I totally had that one! It was my first phone eva! So of course it was appropiate.




happy thursday!

21 comments:

jamie said...

I'm absolutely a texter which you know! :)

Jen said...

I've always loved texting. Call me weird :P I like it because I can communicate even when I'm not in the position to make a phone call at the moment. Welcome to the addiction ;)

Grace said...

I used to be the same way but now it seems like no one calls me. Or I'll get busy and decide it's "easier" to text but really I think that I'm just missing out on a potentially really great connection.

I need to start calling people more.

Anonymous said...

you regularly post on twitter, facebook, and your blog. i think texting is a natural addition. :)

and the coffee just means that *sniff* you're growing up!

j$

Mandy said...

I have never been a big texter but in the past year or so its basically all I do. Its just easier more convenient.

san said...

I do both. I text if I just want to give you some quick info or confirmation or whatever.
I call when I really need to TALK about something that would only get distorted if I would put it in 160 characters in a text.

Allison M. said...

texter all the way

Hillary said...

I text way more than I talk. I hate having long phone conversations so I think texting is my way of avoiding them.

Jamie Pickle said...

My hubby LOVES those old Nokias!!

I am a huge texter...especially at work.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize I had become a texter because of the iPhone until you brought it up here. It DOES make it so easy!

Huh. The more you know.

Miss Melissa said...

Ah! I had that phone too! :)

ria said...

i would rather text than talk anyday!

Luna Moon said...

I was never a big texter, simply because my parents wouldn't pay for my texts. But I've never liked talking on the phone to people I didn't know well. So, as I switch to unlimited texting, I'm becoming the both. It just depends on the situation, the person, and my urgency in communicating with them.

alyssa said...

Haha, I think those were everyone's first phones! I mean, did they even have more than one to chose from back then? Ahh "back then", I feel SO OLD!

I am definitely a texter, but not a fan of texting really long things. Usually it's my parents that will require me a response that is super long and I just call them!

rachaelgking said...

I loathe talking on the phone. Unless you're my mother and you TEXTED me saying "Emergency! Answer your phone!" ... it probably ain't gonna happen.

Julie Q said...

oooo i dont really text, but does tweeting on my phone count? Cos I do that all the time :)

Heidi said...

i don't really like talking on the phone much (anymore) unless i've really got something to say. I do however, love to text :D

We Are Not Martha said...

Welcome to the world of texting! And I totally feel you on the whole "haha" "gaga" thing. SO funny. I don't really like texting, but I still do it all the time!

Sues

Anonymous said...

I'm a texter... the shame, the shame..

Bayjb said...

You're really not a texter? I was just texting with you last weekend and at BlogHer! Welcome to the dark side.

Nora said...

I prefer to chat if I can because I only have 400 texts now, but I was a mean texter back in the day. And still can be. Just depends on the day =)