10a. It's a tie. Titanic. Yes I saw this movie five times in theaters and had a Titanic scrapbook and everything. I absolutely love this movie and everything about it and every time it's on TV I'm compelled to watch. And why yes it spurred by love for Leo and Kate, one of my favorite Hollywood couple non-couples, heart.
10b. Peter Pan. Yes the cartoon. Peter Pan is one of my all time favorite stories which is no surprise since I have so many identity issues when it comes to growing up and being an adult. I always dreamt of being Wendy and sometimes I still do.
9. Eurotrip. This movie makes me laugh every time I watch it. I especially love Matt Damon's awesome cameo in the beginning and the green fairy scene and the worst twins ever. Yeah pretty much this movie is hilarious whether sober or drunk (but it's way funnier when you watch it drunk).
8. Anchorman. Another classic comedy and hands down Will Ferrel's best movie. I've seen this movie more times than I can count and I laugh every time. When I had a radio show in college Matt used to call in with random Anchorman quotes and it had me laughing every time.
7. Twister. Every time this movie is on TNT I can't help but watch it. I don't know why I love it so much but I do. Maybe because it's not a movie about a big earthquake or tsunami but rather something that has no possibility of making it's way to me, haha. But really I love it and I know this movie practically by heart, it's fabulous.
6. Chocolat. One of the sexiest, most delicious and fabulous movies ever. I mean really, a movie about chocolate and France and Johnny Depp as a zexy vagabond, mmmmmmm.
5. The Mummy. Another ridiculous movie that I can never get enough of. Mummies coming to life, Brendan Frasier, Egyptian tombs, even some history? You can't go wrong with this movie! Okay well technically you can but I absolutely love it!
4. Fried Green Tomatoes. Another amazing chick flick that never ceases to make me cry and laugh and cry some more. Idgy and Ruth and the best friendship ever and Tawanda!
3. Newsies. One of my favorite musicals ever! Seriously I have loved this movie since it first came out with all it's Christian Bale cuteness and boys in newscaps and singing and dancing and New York accents and ah, it's just wonderful.
2. Love Actually. I have watched this movie more times that I can count and every time it makes me happy and it makes me laugh and even tear up a little bit. Seriously every storyline is precious or hysterical (Billy Mack and the porno couple) or just all sorts of adorable. I usually watch this movie around Christmastime but then again I could watch it any time.
1. SPEED. This should come as no surprise to anyone. This movie has had my heart since I saw it in theaters sixteen years ago (holy crap I can't believe it's been that long). Speed spurred my love for both Keanu and Sandra and my irrational fear of elevators. If you are to only know one thing about me, know that I LOVE this movie. Why? I have no idea. I know the acting is horrible, I've spotted every mistake possible, it's a ridiculous plot but oh man it will always be my favorite.
Other movies I love but just didn't make the cut: Remember the Titans, The Sandlot, Stardust, The Holiday, Sixteen Candles, Mighty Ducks, The Notebook and The Replacements.
So what would make your top ten movie list?
And happy Oscar watching, hope you have an A-list, red carpet weekend, woo.