Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brought to you by the letter 8.

So it's been a while since I did a meme and the fabulous Dana over at Just Talk just happened to tag me for one yesterday, so I figured, what the heck. Meme it to me:

8 Things I'm passionate about:
  • Movies. Hollywood. All of it. I think that's pretty obvious though. I love it all.
  • Matt. Can you be passionate about a person? Haha. Well I am. Because he's awesome.
  • My family. They are the best people I know and I don't know where I would be without them.
  • My friends. I'm probably one of the luckiest people around with what kick ass friends I have. No really, I mean it, they rock.
  • Reading. I love reading. Anything and everything. It may come and go in phases but right now I'm definitely on a reading kick and I love it.
  • Traveling. I can never sit still. The moment I get back from one trip I'm anxious for my next one. I love traveling and visiting new places and friends, it's always exciting.
  • Pictures. I love taking pictures. I love putting them in scrapbooks. I love capturing random events and making memories to last. I love love love pictures.
  • Blogging. Over the past year, blogging has become one of my most favorite things to do. Whether I'm writing my own post or reading other people's, I love it all.
8 Things I'd like to do before I die:
  • Get married, own a house and have a family, wee.
  • Travel through Europe, most importantly Italy, Greece, and Switzerland.
  • Climb to the top of a rock wall (I've made it about halfway, if that, every time I tried, it scares the bejesus out of me).
  • Go to the Academy Awards (more specifically a year that Keanu Reeves, Joshua Jackson, Sandra Bullock, Harry Connick Jr., Christian Bale and Leo DiCaprio would be there, haha).
  • Visit all 50 states (I'm more than halfway there already).
  • Have a small part in a movie or TV show.
  • Cook a Thanksgiving dinner for my whole family.
  • Be completely and utterly happy.
8 Things I say a lot:
  • "No, seriously."
  • "WTF"
  • "This one time..."
  • "She/He's in that movie with..."
  • "Haha"
  • "Drive the freaking speed limit!"
  • "I love you"
  • "No way"
8 Books I have read recently:
  • Wicked - Gregory Maguire. This book took me forever and a day to read, but I liked it nonetheless. Well I loved the musical, and liked the book, but it that way.
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini. Loved. This. Book.
  • My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult. Okay I loved this one too. I was a little thrown off at first by all the jumping around, but such a good story.
  • Plum Lucky - Janet Evanovich. A recommendation from my mom and turned out to be pretty funny, especially for not reading any of her other books.
  • 19 Minutes - Jodi Picoult. Currently reading this one. Like seriously 42 pages in. But I like it so far.
8 Movies I have seen 8 times:
  • Speed. My most favorite movie ever. Ever.
  • Newsies. Seriously, how can you not love this movie?
  • Love Actually. I'm pretty sure Jen and I watched this movie 8 times Juinor Year alone.
  • Twister. I swear TNT has a love affair with this movie and it's always on, and I always get sucked into watching it.
  • Anchorman. One of the funniest movies ever.
  • D2: The Mighty Ducks. Don't ask me why, but I've seen this one more than any of the other Duck movies, it's just so good. And it's got Mike Vitar in it, mmmmmm.
  • Titanic. I saw it five times in theaters. That should say it all right there, haha.
  • The Italian Job. I want a mini coupe now. And millions of dollars.
And that's me in 8 phrases or less, haha. So feel free to do this schanzzy little meme if ya got the time. Otherwise, hope you're having a most fabulous day!


happy tuesday!

14 comments:

California Girl said...

Love the lists. I'm going to look into A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Our waiter at the restaurant we went to before SATC looked JUST LIKE the guy from Love Actually who goes to Wisconsin to meet girls! It was hilarious ;)

LBIC said...

Ugh, I saw Titanic seven times in the theater. It makes me a little sad that I don't even like it anymore. It was all about Leo D. that year, though.

And Love Actually still makes me tear up. So freaking cute.

Dolce said...

I can't believe you've seen D2 more than 8 times. I really underestimated the J. Jackson love.

Anonymous said...

christian bale and leonardo dicaprio are in my top 3!!! the third is scott speedman. good taste, missy! :)

Dana said...

I am soo happy you participated!! I loved leearning all those new things about you!!

sarah marie p said...

Great list! Love Actually is SOOO good. And I think I now wanna go watch Titanic again. I can't believe you saw it 5X in the theatre! CRAZY!

Kim Thomas said...

I want to visit all 50 states too! Thats the best!

Auburn Kat said...

I always get sucked into watching Twister too!!

My Sister's Keeper was a good book, I also really liked Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult.

Working Girl Two said...

um i had the HUGEST crush on mike vitar when i was a wee thing. such a hottie!

Lauren said...

Um. I sing songs from Newsies around my house EVERY DAY. The best part? My roommates join in.

Best movie!

Lauren said...

Also, I LOVED A Thousand Splendid Suns. I read it on a plane ride to NY and almost missed the wedding I was supposed to be in because I couldn't put it down. I adore that writer.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi hi from Paris

what a romantic blog you have !

may be you'll like my street style photo romances in Paris
if not, i kill myself ! lol

and by the way, i met Sarah jessica Parker in Paris and... yes yes, the photos are online, as if you were there !

have a wonderful day !

ps : i hop i won't have to kill myself, because my mother love me. lol

Kamel
street style romancer in Paris

so

Grits said...

19 minutes is sooooo good! I think you'll really like the ending. :-)