Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Black light mysteries.

Well today would usually be the day that I talk about the Oscar nominations and who I think will win and all that jazz but by god I am a horrible movie goer this year. I have seen only one of the best picture nominees (one! blasphemy!). Heck I think Juno is the only movie I've seen that's nominated (not including Ratatouille and Surf's Up)! Gah! Who am I!?! This is seriously a disgrace to my being...I must stop working and immediately go to the nearest movie theater. Ah. I wish. So I guess I can only speculate who will win off of Golden Globe wins and critic's choices and what not, but that's so boring. So I may just have to save that til next month, closer to the awards when hopefully I will have redeemed myself and actually seen some of the nominations...one can only hope.

Well since this post can no longer be about movies I will instead direct attention at myself. Because there's nothing like a little embarrassment to start of a Tuesday morning (or afternoon, depending on when you're reading this).

So Saturday night after a fun filled family birthday party, Matt and I went bowling with his brother, his girlfriend, her friend and Matt's younger brother. Now it wasn't just any bowling, it was Nitro bowling on a Saturday night (aka black lights, loud music and disco lights that could give anyone a seizure...sweet!). And let's just make it known, I love bowling. No seriously, love it. And I'm not half bad either which is always nice (I bowled a 127 my first game and a 103 the second, holler). Well the fact that I love bowling actually has no point to this anecdote but I wanted to share my scores anyways, haha. So moving on. We finally get our lane and our shoes and head on over. As I'm sitting down putting on my shoes and the black lights go on I happen to look down at my jeans and what do I see?....a bunch of white conspicuous dots. (insert laugh at Katelin) Gah! Well get your head out of the gutter this instance because there is no way it could be what you are thinking. I just happened to grab some jeans that I had worn a couple times without washing (tisk tisk). But gah! I was basically mortified. Luckily only Matt noticed (well I told him) while the rest of the group was a little too distracted (i.e. drunk) to see the mysterious spots on my jeans. Nonetheless when it wasn't my turn to bowl you can sure as hell bet I was sitting down crossed leg and cheering people on, haha.

So the moral of the story is: Make sure you have clean clothes on before you go anywhere with black light! haha.


Happy Tuesday!

16 comments:

B said...

oooh, that happened to me once. blah! hahaha. Happy Tuesday to you too!

ANA said...

hahaha, I know the self conscious grows ginormously when faced with a situation like this.....

And man you can bowl, psst I suck at it! Them balls are too heavy...

molly said...

HAHAHA funny story

Anonymous said...

Safer (i.e. my) bet: don't go anywhere with black light... although, unfortunately, the bowling alley sometimes cannot be avoided. Gotta get your fill of strikes and spares and all that. Great story!

xox

Virginia said...

Gahahahaha! Thanks for brightening (a pun!) my day with that story about your jeans. You crack me up.

Kseniya said...

LOL. thats cool.xx

Anonymous said...

Giggling at the suspicious white spots, hahahaha! Love it, made me snort my tea out of my nose! :P

Shopgirl China said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Therapeutic Ramblings said...

When I was in HS we'd go to this bowling alley that played country music and had a disco ball and whatnot on Saturdays...it was so tragic it was fun.

LBIC said...

lol sounds like fun, despite the mortifying moment. i went bowling once and brought the wrong shoes, so I got drunk on tequila sunrises. good times

Anonymous said...

oh katelin! hahaha! ten pin over by the houes of blues in chicago also uses black lighting. i'm so guilty of wearing clothes that may not be fresh out of the washer/dryer (really, who does this?) here and there so i will have to remember this the next time i go blowing!

(the most embarrassing "blacklight" moment i think i had was when i was wearing a bright opaque bra under a sheer-ish tank. the tank top looked perfectly decent in normal light (it was BROWN for christ sake) but the black lighting was having none of it.

Jamie Lovely said...

I thought Juno was really cute and a great movie, but honestly, I'm surprised it got nominated for Best Picture.

Congrats to you on the nomination! You are definitely oh so likable, Katelin :)

Susie said...

Haha that's hilarious! I haven't been bowling in a longgg time. It used to be a fun "we don't feel like going to a bar tonight" college activity. Miss those days!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

My frosh year of undergrad my friends and I started a "bowling club". It was pretty much the easiest way to get our school to pay us to bowl and drink (as every 'club' was allotted $250-$500 for activities). Ironically it actually caught on, I'm sure due to our fierce leadership....and drinking.

Thomas said...

One of these days I will get around to seeing "No Country for Old Men." I mean, I should since I liked the book.

Bogart said...

That is fantastic! I thought you were going with the Black Shirt + flash photography = see through, but this is even better!

And bowling rocks...I am in the 120-145 range usually, however a few years back, I rolled a 213. Don't know where that came from, but after gutter/gutter on frame 1, I did not leave an open frame. Never came close before that or since...