Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I wuv him.

*just a head's up, this post is mushy so if you're not in the mood for mush go elsewhere today cause it's all I have*

Between our wedding location snafu, my recent influx of campaigns at work and just life overall I haven't always been my cheery positive self lately. But Matt's been there the whole way reassuring me that it's all going to be okay.

Not only that, but last night just reaffirmed to me how much I truly love him.

On my way home from work Clementine decided to die. Like black screen, wouldn't turn on no matter what I did, died. Needless to say I was upset (my phone is only three months old!) and sad and just frazzled. So I made it to the Rose Bowl to walk with my mom and used her phone to call Matt and tell him what happened so he'd know I didn't have a phone and he reassured me again that it would all be okay.

When I got home I was pleasantly surprised. Besides kissing me Matt took my phone and told me to go to the kitchen where he had roses waiting and mac and cheese in the microwave.

Um say what? Is that not the sweetest thing ever? He truly knows the way to my heart, flowers and cheese, haha.

But really in all seriousness it was so sweet for him to do and it's the little things like that that make me love him even more. While I was eating Matt managed to look online and fix my phone. Yes I was a little dramatic but I couldn't help it, it was my phone! But he fixed it! Seriously, he's so handy sometimes.

And it's times like last night to remind me how lucky I am to be marrying someone so amazing.








happy wednesday!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, what a sweetiepie. My husband usually just hands me a beer after a tough day :)

ria said...

aw how sweet and he's lucky to have you as well! hope your week starts to look up, sending positive vibes your way :)

rachel said...

damn , i miss you two. :) this was the sweetest ever.

my matt had the laundry going and the dishes done yesterday when i got home, swoon. haha.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

U got a keeper all right!. Happy b'day....

jamie said...

You've got yourself a good one there. Matt, you're awesome!

Unknown said...

And that is why you will survive the ups and downs of marriage! Cheese and flowers will ALWAYS get you through ;-) This totally brightened my day...thanks...Matt!

Jenn said...

The ability to fix my phone and feed my cheese cravings are two of the top things I'm looking for! You're very lucky :)

San said...

how sweeeeeet!

Kay* said...

aww - and that is why i need a boyfriend. a good one.

btw - last night i totally had a dream i was at your wedding/baby shower. ya weird i tell ya.

Kathy Campbell said...

So sweet! Good men are lucky to get!

Aritza Goddess said...

Awww that was very sweet of him :) I can't wait to find someone who'll do these things for me when I have a rough day !

Hillary said...

way to go, Matt!!

sarahdotcom said...

these are the things that matter.
you two are adorable.

Jane said...

Aww! What an awesome guy! That was so sweet.

Kim Thomas said...

Love this! and poor Clementine, that makes for a bad day.

Blicious said...

sighhhhhhhhh that is so sweet. dont you love sweet surprises? how cute!!he is so nice!

Rachel said...

Too cute!! :) I love this post... all the mush! It's fantastic! And the way you talk about Matt reminds me of the way that I talk about BF... and the way that BF treats me. :)

Maggie said...

ahh this is so sweet. don't you love it when guys not only notice you're having a bad day, but go out of their way to try to turn it around for you? Matt is a definite keeper -but you already knew that :-)

d said...

Awww, love this. You guys are so cute.

Ali said...

Love it. LOVE IT!

amanda said...

big points for matt!

Hollywood Sucker said...

This makes me smile. I'm glad you are feeling EXTRA in love while wedding planning. That'll help you get through the crap.