Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh what a loverly weekend.

Monday? Really? Already. Okay then. And weekend recap and go.

Friday: Had dinner with Matt at home, caught up on some TV for a bit. Drank a lot of wine to forget about the wedding mishap earlier in the day. Yeah I only had two wedding things planned and now one is unplanned for the time being. We no longer have a wedding location/date. Long story but we hopefully may get it back, fingers crossed. Anyhoo afterwards some friends came over, we played Scene It Squabble, drank more wine, had some laughs and an all around good time. Loverly.

Saturday: Slept in, thank goodness. Ran some errands then went to Matt's dad's house to watch the USC/Notre Dame game. I almost had a heart attack cheering on USC but it was some fun rivalry since Matt's a big Notre Dame fan. After the game Matt and I had a date night. It was so nice to be just the two of us and man dinner was tasty. We went to this place called Vertical in Old Town and it was quite the classy joint. But it was fun just to be together.


one of my fave pics from
last weekend's wedding


After our date night we met up with our newlywed friends Gianni and Laura for some fondueness (um delish!) and fun times. Eventually we made our way home to play some Wii and relax a bit and head to bed, all in all a wonderous Saturday night.

Sunday: Slept in again (thank goodness) before heading to lunch for my grandma's 97th birthday (yeah you read that right, my grandma is a champ!). Then spent the rest of my day napping, walking with my mom and hanging out with Matt. Basically another loverly night.


and how was your weekend?



happy monday!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, I'm sorry that your wedding location/date is up in the air now. That stinks! I'm crossing my fingers for you.

amanda said...

ahhh...wedding mishap-no likey.

you and matt are so cute. sounds like a great weekend.

my weekend was just awesome as well. especially last night, when the phils welcomed the dodgers nicely into philadelphia. har har. :o)

happy monday!

Teach.Workout.Love said...

lol thats a great picture!!!

Melissa said...

That picture is all kinds of adorable :)

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

that stinks about the wedding venue! you'll find another place, obvy.

Anonymous said...

that is such a CUTE picture of you guys. LOVE IT. Definitely a framer =)

Julie Q said...

for a second i thought that was a picture of you on your date night, and i was like damn, Katelin looks superfine!!! That dress looks amazing on you :)

fyi my word verification is: gatting and it sounds like it should be a real word!

Mrs.Grits said...

I hope you're wedding mishap works out! I know that date/location is the biggest thing to get crossed off your list. Good luck Katelin!

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good weekend! Mine was extremely uneventful.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another fabulous weekend! :)

michelle woo said...

Oh I LOVE wedding dance floor pics. They make me so happy.

Andhari said...

both of your expression in the photo is so priceless!:)

Auburn Kat said...

I seemed to spend my wknd sleeping in! =)

Bayjb said...

I saw your tweet about the wedding location. What happened? Fill me in on all the details, I'm so sorry to hear.

Ali said...

This does sound loverly!

Went to the pumpkin festival (I know, I know...am I 4 years old?) and carved a pumpkin with my friend. It was hilarious and fun.

Just a little FYI, I might just have to end every comment with DC love. Because, you know, we're so going to that!!

Cafe Pasadena said...

We here in Southern Calif wooda had a heart attack if we wooda given away that game to them golden domers in indiana.

CIP said...

Sounds like you had a fun but relaxing weekend! I hope everything with the wedding date and location works out :(

Lacey Bean said...

OMG how awful!! I hope everything works out for your date/location. :( Glad your weekend was nice otherwise!