Friday, October 30, 2009

"A virgin lit the candle!"

So last year we started this tradition with our neighbor to carve pumpkins and watch Hocus Pocus before Halloween. So we did it again last night and it was awesome. Seriously I love my friends, love Halloween and love Hocus Pocus.

After dinner we headed to the pumpkin patch nearby and had fun picking out our pumpkins and cracking jokes along the way.

And then we set up shop.


pumpkins. check.
newspapers. check.

scalpel. check.

And once the pumpkins were set and the newspapers out we all got to work!


Matt and Jeff discussing sketches for their pumpkins.


Erica and Breanna cutting into their pumpkins.


mmmm pumpkin guts!

Basically it was so much fun trying to figure out what to carve and quoting the movie and making fun of the movie and tearing out pumpkin guts and yeah, good times all around. Ultimately we had our own pumpkin brigade by the end of the night and I gotta say they looked pretty great.


the corpse bride pumpkin, silly face, sillier face,
jack skeleton and a pirate flag.
yeah we're awesome.


all lit up!


Matt and I posing on our yard, woo!

Aren't they awesome? Seriously it was too much fun and I love Halloween! And I can't wait for this weekend, lots of piratey fun arrrrrrrrrgh!



Have you carved your pumpkins? What are your Halloween plans?

Anyhoozits HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!






happy friday!

22 comments:

ria said...

we carved our pumpkins last night too :)

CIP said...

Could you and your neighbors be any cuter? Love your pumpkins!

Mandy said...

That looks like a lot of fun! This year I am hitting up a bonfire with my friends and just relaxing. Enjoy your weekend!

Kay* said...

i usually hand out the candy but this year i think i'll be taking my youngest brothers out - they are SO excited - it's pretty cute.

still haven't carved pumpkins though...i think i'll try and do that tonight...

Anonymous said...

I haven't decided how to do mine yet but I know the hubs wants to do his with a Batman symbol :)

Jane said...

Aaahhh! I love it. We watched Hocus Pocus at my Halloween movie night last year. Then we ran amok amok amok!

Anonymous said...

We probably won't have time to carve our pumpkins this year :( Darn. I'm excited though because this is the first year I get to hand out candy since I moved away from home---apartment living doesn't really work for trick-o-treating. Did you guys make pumpkin seeds too?! Love them.

EP said...

Aww, so fun! What a fun tradition! My sorority family and I would always get together before Halloween, carve pumpkins AND watch Hocus Pocus. Love it!

And y'alls pumpkins look AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I watched Hocus Pocus on Wednesday night. The first time I saw that movie it creeped me the hell out but now I kind of love it (I was little at the time). Anyway, love the pumpkins. Looks like a great time =)

Last night I went to light my candle and there was a HUGE slug in it. Totally gross.

Grace said...

I love Hocus Pocus! It's one of my favorite movies. I plan on watching it tomorrow as I bake for a Halloween party. What a fun tradition.

Matt said...

HA. The skull pumpkin is my favorite.

nicole antoinette said...

Hocus Pocus might be the only thing I like about Halloween, haha.

And candy. I like candy.

We Are Not Martha said...

Aww this is seriously a fabulous new tradition. And Hocus Pocus is awesome. That and pumpkins are like my only two Halloween loves. But I love them a lot!!

Sues

We Are Not Martha said...

Oh wait, I just read Nicole's comment. And yes, I like candy too! Duh.

Sues

Erin said...

I love Hocus Pocus. Love. It.

Andhari said...

I would sooo love to do that. Looks fun. I've never carved any pumpkins in my life..

Bayjb said...

OMG this makes me miss carving pumpkins. They look great!!! I have a party tomorrow night and I have a wig, cannot wait.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
*~Dani~* said...

We carved our pumpkins on Friday. B also drilled one full of holes which turned out good. We didn't carve the HUGE ones we had though. People thought they were fake.

Princess Pointful said...

I carved a mushroom pumpkin. It was pretty damn awesome. Unfortunately, I have no front stoop to display it on :(

Maggie said...

those are some seriously adorable pumpkins!

Hocus Pocus is a great movie too, I love watching it every year.

TaraMetBlog said...

I love Hocus Pocus, but I missed it this year :(