Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wrapping up one fabulous wedding season.

Oh hello again freaders, I am back and I survived my final wedding of the year! Hark! And oh what a glorious weekend it was, let me share a bit.

Thursday: Took a half day at work, came home and watched some shows and got my MOH stuff together and it was loverly.

Friday: Spent my day running errands (man I love a day off) and eventually met up with my cousin the bride, her mom and sister at a salon to get our nails done. Seriously, I love getting manicures and pedicures and it was just fun to hang out with the ladies before all of the wedding hoopla began.

Saturday: Wedding day!! I was up at 6 and out of my house before 7 to meet the ladies at another salon for hair and makeup. Then before I knew it we were off in the limo to Lytle Creek for the ceremony. It was basically a go go go kind of day and I think I handled my maid of honor duties well, and everything happened like it was supposed to. So pictures? Why yes!


making my way down the aisle.


the bride and her brother making
their way
down the aisle, so cute.


Christina and Henry
exchanging their vows!



loved the location, so gorgeous.


embracing the 'jumping' shot with the wedding party.


my mom with her siblings! heart my fam.


my family with the lovely bride and groom.


oh I do love Matt, despite my silly looks.

After the morning ceremony we all made our way back home for a bit before revving up for the evening reception. It was a nice break in between because the evening reception went alll night long. It was a lot of fun to see my cousin so happy, my family enjoying themselves and all having quite the night. And after all of my worrying and fretting I gave a pretty good MOH speech too (and in front of 350 people!), which made me quite happy.


love this pic of my sibs.


oh the awesome head table.


aw the first dance.


my parents would not stop dancing, haha,
love it.


everyone in my family was dancing,
so so fun.


this picture is amazing, heart my cousin
and my sister.

All in all it was a great wedding and I'm so excited for my cousin and her new hubby. But as much as I love weddings I'm so glad that was my last one of the year, huzzah, we made it! Now it's time for Matt and I to do some of our own weddingness, woo! :)

Sunday: Slept in like wo, talk about tired. Before I knew it I was off to my friend Katrina's son TJ's birthday party. Seriously how that kid is 3 already is beyond me. But it was quite fun to have delicious Filipino food and hang out with my friends. And then yeah I took a ridiculous nap the rest of the day and just hung out with Matt, quite loverly in fact.

Monday: As you noticed I didn't blog yesterday, I was too tired Sunday and I didn't work so I took the day off, woo. But yeah it was fun I had some gift cards to Crate and Barrel and Barnes and Noble and totally indulged in fun stuff (hellooo New Moon companion book and a pitcher, among other things, haha). Matt and I also caught a movie, The Invention of Lying, and I came home to indulge in my Martha Stewart side. Basically another lovely night and coming back to work is definitely a difficult one, haha.

And how was your weekend? Any weddings, haha?



Oh and don't forget to enter my Blu Fringe giveaway, it ends on Thursday!


happy tuesday!

16 comments:

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Um, what job do you have that they're awesome enough to let you take so many days off!?

'Cause I want it.

:)

Mandy said...

It looks like it was completely awesome. I saw your pics yesterday on facebook. You all look like you had so much fun.

rachaelgking said...

By my count, that's approximately 4,532 weddings you've been to this year, yes?

;-)

weezermonkey said...

So fun! And you look smashing in that dress!

Only one wedding coming up for us. We are old folks, though. Every weekend I have to go to a baby birthday party.

And I have no baby.

Andhari said...

You're looking so cute with your MOH dress!

jamie said...

Aww it looks so fun and you look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! One of my best friends was in a wedding this weekend in Boulder and it snowed--the temperature was 20 degrees. Yeah, glad I wasn't in a dress and heels for that one!

Anonymous said...

You look FABULOUS walking down the aisle - can't wait until it's your wedding day!

Auburn Kat said...

Seriously it seems like every other wknd you had a wedding to go to! You have to be exhausted AND broke!

Bayjb said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Holy cow you had a full wedding summer. I love your dress too, it's so flattering and perfect to maybe...wear again?

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

so how many weddings does that make for '09?

amanda said...

okay, the flowers, the dresses, the dancing, weddings are just awesome. mmmhmm.

and ohhh...goooo phils!

Lexilooo said...

I had TWO weddings this weekend! One in NH on Saturday and one in CT on Sunday, where I was a bridesmaid! Oh, and we drove up from DC. Awesome. But, I survived, and yes, wedding season is over for me too!

*~Dani~* said...

You made a beautiful MOH and it looks like the wedding was a lot of fun!

d said...

You look great in that color!

Anonymous said...

Those are very pretty and flattering bridesmaid dresses! And I sorta love how there was such a small wedding party. I can honestly only think of 3 women I will want as bridesmaids when I get married. And one of them is iffy. I was just in a wedding with 8 other bridesmaids... it was a bit much.