Friday, June 22, 2007

"One of the servants has been at the sherry again."

So as I wrote yesterday AFI has inspired me to reevaluate/recreate my list o movies that I just need to see, and last night I started on the list (with the help of my bf and his local video store, haha) and saw The Philadelphia Story. I really had no idea what the movie was about (I wasn't paying attention when AFI was talking about it because I was too intrigued that it had Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart all in the same movie!) To me, that was amazing in itself, so it was number one for me to watch.

So basically the movie starts out with Cary Grant leaving Katherine Hepburn, basically walking out on her and they are in a fight and she breaks his golf club and then he shoves her in the face (haha). Then it comes back from black two years later with a wedding announcement for Katherine Hepburn and some new guy. Then Jimmy Stewart comes into the picture as a reporter from some skeezy paparazzi kind ofmagazine that, with the help of Cary Grant, tries to get the inside scoop to the Katherine's wedding. Basically the movie goes on like most movies of the 40's, random humor that is still funny today, some crazy wedding outfits, a change in love interest, Cary and Jimmy looking pretty, Katherine going on long spiels, and so on. And I liked it. I won't give away the ending because it's funny and cute and I'm not one for spoilers.

And afterwards I looked up the movie online (like I usually do nowadays) and discovered it won two Academy Awards, Jimmy Stewart for best actor and best screenplay, amazing.

Anyhoo, I recommend The Philadelphia Story, it's funny, cute, and hello Jimmy, Cary and Katherine, ya that's a trio right there.

Okay time to get to some work. Happy Friday.

0 comments: