Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm bringing busy back.

Seriously could I get any cornier with that title? Probably not. Moving on. Well as you can tell by the title I did not have a 'no plans weekend' like last weekend, I had a very full, very fun, and slightly busy weekend. Sit back, relax, make yourself a drink and I'll get started:

Friday oh Friday. The day went by slower than most at work and I counted down the hours until it was time to leave. Afterwards I headed to Old Town to grab dinner with Megan and Katrina, seriously the three of us hadn't hung out in forrrrrever.

the three amigos on my birthday


And it was awesome. Catching up with best friends, talking in person (as opposed to gchat), having lovely wine, tasty sushi, definitely the recipe for a fun night. After dinner Megan and I headed to over to a karaoke bar in Burbank called Dimples to meet up for my friend's birthday. Now if you know me you know that I don't do karaoke if I'm sober. So when I got dragged up on stage to sing "Lady Marmalade" with the ladies I was not too enthused. However, there were costumes involved and that made it all that much better (even if we did sound horrendous and forgot half of the lyrics)

trying to sing "Lady Marmalade"


me, megan and the birthday girl on stage


the official Dimples picture


So it wasn't as awful as I thought it was. But it was cool that they gave us all those schnazzy pictures and a DVD to remember our embarrassment, haha.

lora (the birthday girl), matt, gianni and me


megan and me, woo


gianni's bowling shoes from 1970, yeah i took a picture, haha


So all in all one fantastic evening. They even provided birthday champagne and a shot and more pictures and awesomeness and I pretty much loved the place. Oh, oh, oh and I had a "celebrity sighting"....Rob Fukasaki....aka the sports guy on ABC 7 news, haha. Yeah we partied together...not really, but still it's funny to say, haha.

Saturday. Matt and I took on the world of rentals again and checked out like twelve more apartments (and actually liked three of them) all over town. It was fun and I felt so grown up, but at the same time it was so dang exhausting. We applied to one place today and who knows what will happen, I just hope the gods of rentals will look happily upon Matt and I and give us some good luck soon, I'd love to move out before next year, haha. Basically that took up most of our day until the late evening when we headed to my friend's going away party...Yeah I know what you're thinking, apparently she didn't get the letter I just wrote, pshaw, whatever. So yeah we partied and had some fun, went home later and watched Gone in 60 Seconds and drank with my sister and her boy toy at Matt's house and had a lovely evening.

Sunday. Sunday. Sunday. Slept in (maaaaan was that awesome) and went about town applying to an apartment, grocery shopping and finally ending back up at Matt's house for some swimmin. Basically it was a lazy afternoon, perfecto. And we had my family over to Matt's house so Matt and I could cook (well Matt could BBQ and I could make some mashed potatoes...yeah difficult I know). All in all it worked out well and dinner was tasty and our families got to have some relaxing time together.

So that was my weekend. Not as crazy as usual, but not as lazy as last weekend. In a nutshell, it was nice and I liked it, haha.


And how was your weekend?





happy monday!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey a celeb sighting is a celeb sighting, no matter how remote and obscure :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for busy weekends! :)

Anonymous said...

Dimples sounds like an awesome place!

Shelley said...

I love cookouts. I'd do one every other week if I could. Mmmmm.

Sounds like a great weekend!

sarah marie p said...

Oh man, I love the costumes! And that's so cute they gave you the pictures - now you can remember your lady marmalade moment forever! Sounds like a fun weekend! Good luck with the apartment hunt -- can't wait to see the apartment you guys finally choose. So exciting!

San said...

Sounds like fun!! I miss SoCal... where are you looking to move to?

Anonymous said...

Ohh that place sounds awesome! haha I wanna go and sing now.

California Girl said...

I love Dimples. Perfect place for a party. Do you know they air the singing online somewhere. LOL. And Mr. Belding hangs there a lot. He's a total drunk.

Bogart said...

Looks like a lot of fun...my time friday night was watching Crosby Stills and Nash...then volleyball tryouts for the 12-14 year-olds that I am coaching...oh the joys!

Dana said...

For me, I don't think busy ever left, LOL... I had a great weekend.. I got to relax on sunday, which I soooo needed..

Looks like oyu had fun.. Love the pics!

Julie said...

Oye. Still apartment hunting?
It's fun but also so stressful...
I hope that you get one soon!!

Keep me posted, because of of course I want to see pictures.

Rahul said...

Did you see Mr. Belding at Dimples? That's his hangout

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Those karaoke pics are great!!

Anonymous said...

Next time you go to that place in Burbank, let me know! It's not far from me, and I love karaoke. Good luck with the apartment search!

Vanessa said...

I think apartment hunting is one of the most tiring things. Good luck, you'll find the perfect place out there!

Katie said...

omgosh, karaoke, lady marmalade, costumes!? you're so brave! I've only done karaoke once, and I really want to again. I wish it was just a basic, normal thing so there there's no risk involved, haha

thatShortchick said...

thats so awesome that they gave you guys DVDs and a pic!

laughing at the "1970s bowling shoes" LOL!

looks like you had yet another fun weekend!

Studio222 Photography said...

I'm in love with your hair. Seriously hot!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i still think that if we ever met our awesomely packed weekends would explode in well, awesomeness

Auburn Kat said...

Like you, I'm not one for karaoke unless I am feeling a bit tipsy!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! And your man is pretty cute, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Your weekend looks fun! The verdict is still out on how I feel about mine.

amanda said...

That sounds like a
pretty darn fabulous
weekend! Especially
the karaoke part.I'm a
karaoke whore...so it
makes me happy to hear
that you enjoyed yourself,
even though you aren't a huge
fan. And um...costumes?
PERFECT! Hollla.

Jane said...

my do nothing weekend turned into laundry hell after a $165.00 school shopping trip at Goodwill ;)

looks like you had more fun

glamour girly said...

Those pictures at Dimples are very fun!

Jamie Lovely said...

How fun!

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

awe, i love the pictures.
sounds like a wonderful weekend.. and good luck with the apartment hunt doll =)