Monday, August 25, 2008

The keys to grownupness.

What a weekend! As you all know I moved this weekend and man was it crazy. I don't even know how to do it all justice. That and I'm exhausted and still can't really put a whole bunch of words together coherently. So instead I bring you bullet points, woo!

Friday:
  • Matt and I went to sign the lease and got the keys! Woo!
  • Matt went to his place to pack up, I went to my parent's for dinner (yummy free food).
  • Mom and I hit up the mecca of moving, Tarjay for some cleaning essentials for the place.
  • We cleaned a bit, organized a bit, got the place ready for the big day.
  • And of course we took a picture because I couldn't stop smiling :

  • Matt and some friends came over with a big load of his stuff.
  • Moving party, moving party!
  • All go home for lots of sleep before the big day!
Saturday:
  • The Big Day!
  • Wake up early(ish). Finished up packing my room up, took the pictures off the wall.
  • Started loading up my car and my dad's truck. Best part of the day, my dad asks me if I have it all loaded up, I said "yes" confidently. Then he goes "What about the clothes in your closet?". "Oh yeah, that'd be good to have", haha. Good thing my mom's car was empty, hello new closet.
  • Moving became a family affair, my parents, brothers and I all headed to the new place and unload all my stuff. Matt and the guys showed up a little later with all the big stuff.
  • The moms were awesome and cleaned all our dishes and put them away for us while the boys all brought in the big stuff. It was quite the team effort.
  • A couple hours later the moving crew left (except the family team) and my dad went to get us all In-N-Out (heaven!)...seriously it was amazing. We worked up quite the appetite moving.
  • My aunt showed up later with muffins (gotta love the family close by) which was awesome.
  • Later after everyone was gone except me I turned up the Britney full blast and was dancing around the place with a lei on my head and cleaning up, it was awesome.
  • Mid dance party my aunt, uncle and cousins showed up with a housewarming gift, so incredibly sweet. Got to give them the tour and show them around the unmade place.
  • Matt came back later and we hung out a bit, enjoyed using the word "roomie" and then we were off again and went out to dinner.
  • After dinner came back hung out with my sis and her friends, watched some TV and had some drinks, it was loverly.
  • Finally called it a night and went to bed in the newwwwwwww place, woo.
Sunday:
  • Yesterday felt almost as busy as Saturday, Matt went to IKEA with his mom and I hit up Tarjay, Bed Bath and Beyond and Wallmart with my mom. It felt like I shopped all day long and still didn't get everything we need, haha.
  • I got home way before Matt since he had his Fantasy draft last night, so I indulged in way too many girly movies over the day. I'm not even kidding. In the morning I watched Mrs. Doubtfire then later I watched The Notebook with Megan. After Megan left I went and grabbed some food at VONS then came back to be uber girly and watched Crossroads (oh yes the Britney movie, I own it and I am not ashamed, haha). And then I ended the night with Bend it Like Beckham. Seriously I'm a movie fiend. That and we don't have cable yet so I'm pretty much stuck with DVDs, haha.
  • Matt came home mid Beckham and relaxed for a bit with me until the urge to build some DVD towers kicked in, haha.
All in all it was a good weekend, a tiring one, but good nonetheless. Basically we have the best friends and family ever. So a big thanks to them for helping so much, otherwise I don't think we could have done it all. We still have a lot to do to make it feel totally like 'home' but we're making progress one day at a time. And I know I said I would include some pictures but I want to wait til things are a little more permanent looking.

But here's one to end the post on, the new roomies proudly displaying our key, woo!



And how was your weekend?



happy monday!

34 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Don't you LOVE having your own apartment??

sarah marie p said...

CONGRATS! You and Matt are the cutest together! So awesome you're all moved in now! Sounds like such a fun, productive weekend! Wowzers, you did a lot of shopping and movie watching! All of your talk of in-n-out and muffins has made me hungry! So neat your family has been so sweet and helpful!

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

ah =) sounds fabulous. busy, but totally fabulous!

you're going to LOVE having your own place. actually, i'm sure you already do.

Grits said...

Congrats on the new place! Looks like y'al deserve some r&r after all that hard work! :-)

thatShortchick said...

*congrats!*

Blicious said...

CONGRATS!!!! it's so much fun to live with your bf!

B said...

I'm just all kinds of stoked for you -- and I *think* I might've said that like 60 times now

*ahem*

Chris said...

Gah! Fun fun fun! This weekend I watched A Lot Like Love...oh how I love that movie. So cute.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I had to stop reading when I got to Saturday, because the thought of moving makes me hyperventilate! I'm not even kidding, my heart is beating super fast right now as I think about all the crap I've got to move when I (finally) sell my house.

kolls said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

And hey - even though I want to throttle him sometimes, after living with K for two years, I can't ever imagine living without him!

San said...

This all sounds sooo exciting!! And "yay" for having family and friends that help you move :)

Allison said...

Congrats on the new place. That's awesome that the time is finally here. I hope this process goes smoothly for you and your honey/ roomie.

Anonymous said...

Yay Katelin! COngrats!

We need to see some more pictures of your place!

Dana said...

YAY!! I am sooo happy for you.... Moving in together is SOOO much fun!! I hope you guys enjoy!!

Daddy Dan said...

Congratulations on the new place and your new roomie, Katelin!

Princess.Maria said...

omg the new place looks so nice !! congrats !!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the big move!

Bayjb said...

Congrats on the big move! Sounds tiring but it's so worth it ;)

Renee said...

Moving can be sooo hard, so many things to put away and put together and figure out... but when you crawl into bed that first night, you know it's all worth it. May you have a great night's rest and when it's all done, post pics! Congrats!

Missy said...

Woohoo! THE KEY!!! So very exciting. Have a great time sorting out the place ... your place, I mean.

Auburn Kat said...

Congrats on the new place!!! I think you are going to LOVE your new living arrangements!

amanda said...

How very exciting it
all is. Yay! Seems like
everything is coming together
nicelyyyy. Can't wait to
see pictures of the place
when you're all situated!
Hollla.

The new roomies look dashing
with their happy smiles!

Unknown said...

ahhhhhh that is SO exciting!

i see you are wearing a denison t-shirt.. i went to a tennis camp there :)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! I still want to go to Pasadena so I can go to The Container Store with you. I'm back in LA and trying to figure out how to fix my new place up, as it has much work still to be done. :)

Princess Pointful said...

Big congrats! It is exciting, hey!!
It is weird, but it will feel like home so quickly!

Songy said...

well done. that's huge. Moving is never easy. I've done it internationally several times and I'm really fed up and can't face any more. :)

Congrats.

Lexilooo said...

yay, so exciting!

ps. one of my good friends went to denison!

robin ann mcintosh said...

ohhh, so exciting!! congrats!!

It's fun, we are both moving into new places around the same time : )

Vanessa said...

You look so happy you are absolutely glowing! Congrats on the new place!

Julie Q said...

awww i LOVE that last picture with the key :) congrats again! glad the move went smooth

Tipp said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Moving into a new place is always so much fun. Yay for you! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so freakin' adorable!! Congrats on the new place :)

nicole antoinette said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I just moved into my own place yesterday and am equally elated. Yay!