Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swissness.

So usually today would be Hollywood recap but obviously since I was gone yesterday the recap just has to wait. And did you know The Hills is back? Oh. Man. So yeah all that good stuff coming at ya manana. In the meantime, I know you're all just so anxious to hear how my Swiss adventures went and I'm not one to hold back and there are plenty of pictures to go around. But first, gratzi to Mr. rS27 for taking over yesterday I was laughing the whole time and really who doesn't love Cool Runnings?

Anyhoodles. So I go up to Northern California every year for a big Swiss Picnic with my huge extended family for a grand ole time. This year I brought Matt up to meet the gang and man was it a great time. Here I have some pictures (of course) so check, check, check it out:
Matt was such a fabulous driver


my sister and cousin enjoyed their spots in the back


all the boys around the bonfire


seriously the kids just keep gettin cuter


the cousins that drink together, stay together, haha


brotherly looove


right back at ya Kourt


I just loooooove this bebe, he's so precious!


so attractive I know


candid shot by the sis, I love it


my family is full of great thinkers


and chicken dancers


I'm pretty stellar if I do say so myself


we've got some weird ones in the fam, haha


I'm all about the flower power


ta da! the family's even bigger than last time.
I believe there were 65 of us this year, woo!


And that my friends, is a weekend with my ginormous family. If you couldn't tell from the pictures, it was a great time.
Some key moments to note:
- Apparently birds on the road want to commit suicide. We had at least five birds dive bomb in front of our car on the road. Luckily Matt never hit any of them but man did they come close.
- We saw a car that had a bobble hand in the back window of their car. It was so weird. We also saw a guy shaving as he drove, very impressive.
- I am and will never be 21 again. My liver reminded me of this fact after I passed out at 11 on Saturday after too much wine. Tisk tisk.
- It also reminded me to watch where I walk when it's dark and I've been drinking. I definitely fell off some stairs, good job Katelin.
- I can't get enough of cute babies. No really there are so many cute kids in my family it just makes my heart say oooh and awwwww. I love it.
- My stomach has no limits on a weekend with the big fam. I ate more than I knew I could and man was it good and totally worth it. I'll go to the gym tomorrow, haha.
- There are some big people in my family, all of whom asked if Matt was a good guy and if he wasn't they'd change it, haha. Needless to say there was no questioning and the fam loved him.

Other than that it was just the weekend I hoped for, family time and lots of fun, woo!

and how was your weekend?




happy tuesday!

23 comments:

Sizzle said...

That's a lot of family! And here I thought our reunions were big capping at out 30. Looks like good times.

Lacey Bean said...

Wow thats a buttload of people!! I definitely don't think my family is big anymore!

San said...

I am officially jealous. Family time is great and soooo precious!

Allison said...

Family reunions are so fun (for the most part). It looks like you enjoyed yourselves and that's all that matters. Fun weekends are the absolute best.

Rahul said...

Beer pong and the chicken dance?

I'm pretty sure that's putlawed in most states.

brandy said...

Ahhh! I love any family celebration that includes the beer pong! It definitely looks like you had the time of your life, your pictures are wonderful!

Dana said...

awesome pics... looks like a TON of fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a ginormous family! How cool! It looks like you had a really great time and I'm glad that Matt has been officially family approved ;)

Marie said...

Family get togethers can be so much fun! Haven't had one in years (mainly because we live on different continents).

Anonymous said...

fabulous pictures!

Vanessa said...

I love the "right back at ya Kourt" picture, very movie star-ish of you.

Grits said...

Looks like y'all had lots of fun! Matt sure does seem like a good sport! :-)

amanda said...

Kaitlin...looks like
you had a killer time!

65? Your family is
huge. LOVE it. Holla.

That little tyke...oh my
gosh...how adorable!
He's precious.

The chicken dance...haha.
Too funny.

And umm...The Hills...heck
yeah its back, baby!

Binary Blonde said...

Wow, you have a huge family! That's awesome that you all get together to catch up with everyone. Fun! Great photos, btw. :)

Tipp said...

Big family outings rock! You are so blessed!

Chris said...

Oh it looks like so much fun! And last night, 5 minutes into the Hills? I was so pissed I hadn't been live blogging it. ACK!

sarah marie p said...

What a great time! That's so neat that you have sucha big family and you all get along so well! Looks like so much silly, fun! yay! and i cant wait to go home and watch the Hills on my computer! I'm way too obsessed!

Mega said...

Your family size continues to make me want to repopulate the earth with Megas. With the quickness.

Bayjb said...

Holy crap your family is huge. Damn. Can't wait to read the Hills recap, we must discuss the hotness known as Doug. Salivates.

Auburn Kat said...

Beer pong?!? Can I come next time???

I haven't watched The Hills yet! I need to ASAP!

Kim Thomas said...

I love big families! Looks like it was a blast

Anonymous said...

Wow! Could you have a larger family? Wow :)

Kayleigh said...

yayy!!! great stuff, and i always love your picture posts. they seriously tell a story which i love.