Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yes I am addicted to TV.

On Monday Dana posted what shows she's looking forward to watching in the Fall and you know what? I want to share my excitement as well.

Brace yourselves I watch a lot of television, haha.

Mondays:

Now I started watching this show late in the game and caught up on all past episodes online and finally started watching it when it was on TV and you know what? I'm in love. No really, this show I love it. It's so happy and hilarious and I am always entertained. The season left off with a lot in limbo, Ted proposed to his gf, Barney is in love with Robyn but no one knows it and oh so much more goodness. Oh and for fun here are three sites to check out from the show: Ted Mosby is a Jerk, Lily and Marshall's Wedding, and Barney's Blog. All of them are so legen.....wait for it......dary!



I honestly couldn't tell you what happened in the finale besides the fact that someone got shot and someone showed up and some new hero appeared. I really really hope they run a recap episode before the premiere. But I can't wait for it anyways, it's Heroes, it's gotta be good.



Well seeing as to how this dramaful show started already and I already posted about I don't have a whole to say. Except I do hope we see more Whitney and way less Heidi and Spencer, good god they make me want to vomit.

Tuesdays:


This show has Joshua Jackson in it, do I need to say anything else????? As you all know I was taunted by Grey's and then the freaking writer's strike happened and a TV return for my favorite man on the Creek just didn't happen...until now! I really couldn't tell you what this show is about...apparently it's like Twilight Zone meets CSI: or something like that, I don't know, but obviously I'll be watching. Obviously.



Okay this show is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. It's so bad it's awesome. The season left off with Casey and Ashleigh skinny dipping in the ocean on Spring Break and some guys taking their clothes...awesome. And Cappie had to comfort the queen bitch Rebecca because her dad was in some scandal or whatever, eh who cares. I just hope the Rusty gets some more screen time this season and that Casey finally gets her act together in the guy scene, come on now.



One of my all time favorite shows. Olivia and Elliot are one hell of a duo and I just heart them. The season ended with them being fine (I believe) whereas Novak was suspended (ie. Diane Neal is leaving the show sadly) and Detective Lake shot a guy and was arrested. Crazy pants, simply crazy pants. I have no idea where the show will resume except for the fact that Luke Perry is guest starring


Wednesdays:


Fierce! I love this show so much it's ridiculous. It's so addicting and easy to watch, looooove. I even love Ty Ty in all her craziness. I think Julie summed it up best. And even better there is a transvestite on the show this cycle. Should make for quite the show.



Talk about a season finale. This show had one of the best around this season! For anyone that didn't watch just know that someone died at the end of the show and we don't know who. Everyone got into black suburbans separately and then one blew up! I think I jumped out of my seat screaming. I can't wait for it to come back, ah, please don't kill any of my faves!

Thursdays:



So shall I tell you how they were filming Grey's down the street from my job two days ago?!?! Yeah they were. And did I get to see anyone? No. I was hoping I would have a McSteamy run in or Cristina Yang, but sadly no. Maybe next time? But anyhoo back to the show. I am such a Grey's nut. I love it. I own every season and have watched every episode. I love Cristina and Meredith is finally getting on my good side again. And McSteamy just needs to find a woman that's not a closet lesbian. And maybe we'll see some romance budding between George and little Gray? Maybe. Oh so many things can happen, I can't wait til the season premiere! Woo!



Ever since the people at ABC decided to put Grey's at the same hour as CSI: I've sort of been slacking on my favorite Vegas folks. But I still watch it whenever I can. And sadly I missed the finale so I don't really know what to expect in the opener besides the fact that Warrick may or may not be returning despite being shot and left for dead from what I hear? And Grissom is leaving half way through the season and I don't know how I feel about that. But it's all very interesting, veeeeery interesting.



I love this show. The suspense. The missing people. The drama in the bureau. Ah. So good. Now can I tell you what happened in the finale? Ummmmmno. I'm a bad fan and I really hope they replay it before the season premiere. But really you should watch the show, it's awesome.

Sundays:



Hands down my favorite season finale of all of my shows. They finally wrapped up everything that had been culminating throughout the season with Catherine and everyone else and man was it good. And even better the show fast forwarded five years into the future and seriously it was genius and definitely added some new spice to the show. Everyone's future was so incredibly different and I can't wait to see how it plays out this season....awesome.

And to add. How the heck did I forget CSI: NY, Brothers and Sisters and Scrubs. I most likely be watching those too, haha.

And that my friends are my shows. I can't wait til they come back and I will actually have DVR and cable by then and can maybe have a life along with TV watching and it will be fabulous, haha. Woo.

And what shows are you looking forward to coming back?




happy thursday!

38 comments:

Bogart said...

I am glad you make the most of your summers cause you ain't getting out much this fall!

SVU can be so good, but I only watch if I am around.

I really want to watch Heroes, but have vowed to wait until it is no longer on TV and then Netflix the DVD's. That way, cliff hangers are no more than a minute or two.

I can't wait for the Office, 30-Rock and My Name is Earl.

Throw in Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern and my TV watching is complete.

Julie Q said...

while we don't watch the same EXACT shows i think my list would be as well thought out and long as yours :)

Anonymous said...

Damn girl! You and your couch are gonna be besties this fall!

B said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Grey's, Criminal Minds & Without a Trace.

LOVE. love. LOVE.

Lacey Bean said...

THERE IS A TRANSGENDERED PERSON ON ANTM??? SHUT UP!! That's really awesome, and will cause a lot of drama. Can't wait!

I'm super excited for Heroes to come back, and House. Mmmm House. My DVR is gonna be busy!

Lauren said...

I'm SO excited about Heroes. It's been too long. I'm sure it will be incredibly amazing this season, as to make up for last.

Allison M. said...

I might have to start watching some of your shows.
I'm waiting for:

Heroes
SVU - love it
Grey's Anatomy
Lipstick Jungle (I'll give it another chance)
Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters (you should really watch it)
Entourage
Big Love

megabrooke said...

those are some good ones! i have been wanting to get into how i met your mother. maybe this season?

i watch, and am excited for...
the hills
miami ink
grey's anatomy
private practice
sunset tan (ha!)
intervention
and sometimes, without a trace too

Anonymous said...

I just need my weekly dose of the NPH :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh I can't wait for Desperate Housewives and Grey's!

Daddy Dan said...

Definitely waiting for:

The Office
The Amazing Race
Sunday Night and Monday Night Football!

Grits said...

How I Met Your Mother is definitely a favorite at our house! Along with that we also watch: The Big Bang Theory, Scrubs, The Office, My Name is Earl, Grey's and sometimes Private Practice. Can't wait for my fall shows to be back, and I'm even more impatient for college football season to start so I can watch College Gameday each Saturday morning. :-)

Grits said...

P.S. I can't believe I forgot 30 Rock! Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin are a hilarious team!

Kim Thomas said...

Also a huge TV watcher....

I am looking forward to Desperate Housewives, Crimminal Minds and the return of Dirty Sexy Money!

Songy said...

ha ha ha... for me only thing I'm really looking forward to is House MD.
Any idea when it's coming back?

xxx

Hillary said...

My list looks a lot like your list, except yours is missing House and CSI: NY. I am such a tv fiend - I can't wait for all the new shows to start :)

thatShortchick said...

SVU was a college dorm favorite and always reminds me of that whenever it's on. however, sometimes the dialogue cracks me up.

meredith has a long way to go before she's on my good side. the annoyance level of her character is sometimes too much. hopefully, there will be a really good Yang storyline this season!

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on HIMYM! I'm really looking forward to catching up.

Other shows I can't wait for:
Heroes
Grey's
Pushing Daisies

Rahul said...

SVU yes!

I have the hots for Mariska Hargitay.

Bad.

San said...

Do you actually WATCH all these shows? Damn, can I have some of your free time, please??? ;)

Kayleigh said...

omg the thought of fall tv has made my entire body start tingling.

take that as you will.

sooooo exxccciiitteeddd

kristin said...

i was gonna ask you about brothers & sisters! :)

what about private practice!!??

Susie said...

OK, so the only show I watch on there is The Hills. Oh and Brothers and Sisters sometimes too. However, my new roommate is insisting we get DVR, which excites me to no end. But also makes me worry that I am going to become a HUGE TV addict!! This could be bad...very bad. I want to start watching Pushing Daisies too!

Trish Ryan said...

After the writer's strike, I'm gun shy...it's as if I can't quite bring myself to believe there will be new programming come fall.

I'm hoping to be surprised, though :)

sarah marie p said...

ohmygoodness, i CANNOT wait for new grey's and Top model! Woo! so excited! And dangit, I STILL need to watch that Hills episode. Yes, Speidi is quite redic but if they weren't, the show might not be as good!

Vanessa said...

Holy cats! I thought I watched a lot of TV. The only shows we watch the same are SVU and CSI. Love those! Do you ever watch House?

Britni said...

That is a whole lot of drama for one week! I'm really excited about Heroes coming back. Last season was so bad because of the strike, and I'm ready for some good TV (especially now that I have TiVo!!!)

Unknown said...

i used to watchh the hills as well.
i loved whitney... she has amazing style :)

Auburn Kat said...

This is exactly why I think DVR's are a MUST!!! Do you watch Entourage?

Caz said...

There is nowhere near that amount of TV in Australia. They only have 5-ish channels and they play shows differently than the US (hard to explain without an epic-long comment!) Luckily someone clued me into the Hills on MTV.com so I don't need to lament my missing it anymore!

Also, don't hate me but when I used to work in a ritzy boutique Amy Oh totally came into the store and bought stuff from me!!! I so tried really hard not to squeeeee. Luckily I didn't embarass myself!

Bayjb said...

I'm just beyond excited about the Office coming back. Seriously I might lose it from excitement. I'm intrigued by Fringe and of course I like Lost a lot too. Tough one to really list.

amanda said...

I'm excited for a lot
of the same shows...
hollla.

But let me just say...
Paceyyy, Paceyyy.

Fringe is so not something
I'd probably be psyched about
on normal circumstances.
But I mean...if it has
Mr. Joshua Jackson in it...
I'll say I love it even if
I really don't. Ha.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you had me at HIMYM and sealed it with SVU, oh elliot.

Anonymous said...

I heart HIMYM--I'm listening to the Ted Mosby is a Jerk song right now... don't know if I'll make it through all 20 minutes, LOL! Oh, and I am really intrigued by Fringe too, it sounds like a really cool premise and of course, Josh Jackson is a serious cutie :)

But more than anything else, YAY GOSSIP GIRL!! I cannot wait for September :)

Richel said...

no matter how much homework I have, I always make room for HIMYM. It's honestly the most hilariously witty show alive.

Kerri W. said...

I'm with you on SVU! That is one of my faaaavorite shows ever. I'll get stuck watching it for three hours if they have a marathon on. Seriously. :)

And I'm looking forward to the return of the good ol' NBC shows. Most notably, 30 Rock and The Office.

Do you have a DVR or TiVo, lady? Because otherwise I don't know how ANYONE could keep up with that many shows! Heehee. I don't have one, so that's why I rely on reruns...

Dana said...

I too and ADDICTED to my shows... I love TV especially GREY"S and the Hills.... LOBVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

I have two shows that I am very addicted to: Project Runway (which is running now, but without a TV I don't know how I'm going to be able to watch it anyomre!) and 30 Rock. I love 30 Rock so much it's ridiculous.