Monday, May 19, 2008

I still got it.

And when I still got it, I mean I can drink seven margaritas in one night and not be hungover the next morning. That my friends was Tucson.

But let me back up real quick. Thursday like I said was Matt and I's two year anniversary. So we spent a very relaxing evening going to Islands for dinner (I seriously love that place), Cold Stone's for some dessert and to the movies to see Iron Man which was much much better than I anticipated. Basically it was lovely and just the night I needed before heading to the desert.

So Friday morning we headed off to Tucson, it only took us a mere eight and a half hours (ah! ga! wha!). By the time we (my parents, my aunt and I) got there we were exhausted, hot and ready to relax. Within twenty minutes we headed to the hotel bar and got some drinks. Then it hit us that we could actually hit up Happy Hour at Applebee's down the street. It was awesome. Appetizers, margaritas....basically it was heaven. By the end of the night the whole family (my cousin who was graduating, her parents, grandma and brother) met up at the hotel bar again and had a grand ole evening.

Saturday morning woke up, got breakfast with the fam, hung out by the pool then headed off to graduation. Graduation was long a bit boring, but still a good time. Afterwards we headed off to my cousin's grad party where there was delicious Mexican food and a margarita fountain, can you say mmmmmm? All in all it was a good time. Even though something sort of big, but not really, happened. Sitting around seeing all the college kids playing Beruit and hanging out, I realized that I as much as I miss college, that's not always me anymore. I had a good time drinking margaritas and watching people play and get trashed, but that wasn't what I wanted to do. I love my cousins I really do, but I just felt old (even though I'm only about two years older than most of the people there) and a little out of place. So I ended up leaving the party early with the adults and going back to the hotel bar and drinking some more. It ended up working out fine and being a lovely night and I actually saw some of SNL which was pretty hilarious. I didn't end up taking as many pics as I had hoped to, but here are some of the best:

The whole group for Britt's graduation

My mom, me and my aunts


Me and the graduate :)


Sunday we left bright and early and got back home around four which wasn't too bad considering the drive there. Matt came over and made the family dinner (he gets major points for that, haha) and we all hung out for a while, twas lovely. Afterwards I watched the Desperate Housewives finale with my mom (Ah! Crazy! Wow!), and it was amazing. Love it. Then hit the hay to wake up early today and go to the gym and come to work ready to kick ass and catch up, haha.

And how was your weekend?



happy monday!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw; beautiful family. :] & holy crikey... 7 margaritas? I would have been down for the count at one, no kidding.

did I ever tell you how much I love your curly hair? Sigh; envious, I am.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that heaven has a margarita fountain.

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

That is a gorgeous green dress! The color looks fabulous on you.

Watching DH tonight - I let the DVR get that one last night:)

Anonymous said...

8 hours?! Eek! Glad you had an awesome time :) As for margaritas, um, yeah, I think I can do two and I'm done. I get all giggly and then I get tired and need to sleep. I'm a cheap date HA! My weekend was nice, until the return home. Stop by and see me....intersting stuff lately with me. Love the dress too by the way! :)

Dolce said...

Seven margarita's and no hangover? I hate you!

L Sass said...

I LOVE that green dress. HAWT.

California Girl said...

Yeah, I'm with you on the college thing. It was fun, but once it's over, it's time to move on. Glad you had a great time!

Kiki said...

I'm pretty sure I didn't love DH's ending. Just.... wow. I was yelling at the screen fo sho.

Anonymous said...

a) Your dress is gorgeous
b) it never ceases to amaze me what a HUGE difference that 2 years makes in our 20s. Seeeriously.

Bogart said...

Welcome back...glad you had a great time.

Dizzie said...

If I inhale seven margaritas, I'd be under the table.... no hang over the morning after, I'd be still drunk, hands down! :)

thatShortchick said...

A-dorable green dress!! you simply must divulge where you bought it.

seven margaritas, family time, fun in the sun, and of course, applebee's appetizers? what a wicked weekend you had!

James said...

I heart Applebee's! Haven't been to on in ages.

Blicious said...

7 margs?! wow!

glamour girly said...

Unlike you, my graduation partying left me very hungover on Sunday! I am still trying to catch up.

Love both your dress and your cousin's dress!

Auburn Kat said...

It's weird how when you graduate from college your priorities really change.

Glad you had fun!

Dana said...

i love margaritas - and you had 7, holy moly.... Way to go....

Looks like everyone had a nice graduation!

Julie said...

Julie + Tequilla = End of the World.

The end.

:)

robin ann mcintosh said...

I LOVE that dress. What a beautiful family you have :) my weekend was good, but was BLAZING hot in socal, you are lucky to have missed the heat!

Katie said...

Wow sounds like fun! I love Coldstone and Applebees happy hour!

Desperate Housewives was one of the best finales ever!

Anonymous said...

Ahem, margarita fountain? I need pictures. :)

Becka Robinson said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :)

And I love appetizers and margaritas as well. But...I cannot hold down 7. I'm impressed!!!!

Grits said...

Graduations always make me sentimental, no matter whose they are. Looks like you had fun on your road trip!

longredcape said...

You look so pretty in your cute dress and necklace! Aww!