Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes we really did.

Why hello there dear freaders. I don't know why but I had such a hard time putting today's post into words, but I did. Unless you were living in a hole you know that yesterday Barack Obama officially became the 44th president of the United States.

And you know what....

It's' awesome.

Haha. I mean I don't really have better words for it. Today I would usually use to talk about Hollywood and the glitz and glam and hotties and bebes but I just didn't think that was appropriate for today. Today is the end of a trying time and the start of something new...



Now I know back in November I was overly emotional but now I'm simply serene. Yes I still fear that some whack job will try something against the Obamas but I'm also ready for the changes to slowly but surely start and America to do something different.

And I know I'm not alone, seriously there are some of my favorite pictures of onlookers from various places yesterday, simply wonderful.

However I think that this picture may be my favorite of the day, such an elegant and beautiful couple:



Well I know this post wasn't exactly poignant or sharing anything that we didn't already know, but I don't really care. Barack Hussein Obama is our new president and I love it.





happy wednesday!


*Oh and I know I said I'd announce the Super Bowl giveaway winner but I'm going to let it run just one more day. So enter!*

25 comments:

Andhari said...

I actually cried seeing that dance, with Beyonce sang. oohh

B said...

I think I felt every emotion under the sun yesterday. I TOTALLY cried.

Jen said...

Oooh...I love that picture too. They are a beautiful couple!

Unknown said...

what a day it was!

congrats america & americans - you've done well!

Mandy said...

I love that this first family seems so down to earth and relateable! I am so excited for this administration and time in American history.

Kyla Bea said...

My whole workplace abandoned our building to go watch at a nearby bar. It was really amazing to be there - everyone just swelled full of hope & pride.

Big day!

San said...

I can back up every word you said. It was such a touching moment.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Wait, is Biden's wife wearing those boots???

weezermonkey said...

I couldn't find the words, so I just linked to a YouTube clip and a friends photos. ;)

Katie said...

It's okay no Hotties and Bebes today, lol. Obama making history is better! :o)

amanda said...

Hollla. Happy Wednesday!
And yes...yes, I would
have to agree...they
are a grand couple
those Obama's.

Rahul said...

4 more years! 4 more years!

Anonymous said...

i can't put it into words either. i'm still emotional today. i know he won't automatically change all the bad things but we have hope now and i had forgotten what that feels like. it feels awesome.

Anonymous said...

Did you see them dancing? He was totally grooving to Beyonce, it was awesome :-)

Anonymous said...

I got emotional all over again listening to the coverage this morning on the way to work on NPR.

Bayjb said...

Yesterday was so emotional. I could not believe what I was watching. I love the picture of them waving goodbye. Makes me want to sing.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

that first image is really cool i haven't seen it before!

Auburn Kat said...

I'm just ready for Obama to live up to what he promised us!

Anonymous said...

Us Canadians are happy with this turn of events too! Cannot wait to see what the future holds.... sky's the limit!

sarah marie p said...

Love that first picture -- what could be better than SEE YA later hater Bush as our AMAZING new President and Co. send that lameO off!?! Yesterday was so great! OBAMA!!!! Yay! Feels so good to call him our president!

Anonymous said...

katelin it is kyle and i it thought was pretty good speech and we watched it at school which was pretty cool too i think he had slept all today because he pulled long all night of partying. at school my asked wat is mccain doing when obama won hehe

<3 J. said...

I am so totally excited to see what's in store for the next 4 years.

I totally love the Obamas! Such an adorable family. It's nice to have some class back in the White House!

We made history yesterday :) It def is "awesome!" haha.

Anonymous said...

That was such a beautiful, incredible, emotional day. I thought the Obamas looked stunning.

Anonymous said...

Oh, America. I am so happy, and so proud of you all.

He'll be a fantastic leader.

Vanessa said...

I love the picture of them with their first dance. I envision them framing that and looking back on it at their 50th wedding anniversary.