Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend-o-lovely.

Monday? Again? Already? Okay I guess. At least the weekend was great...and goooo!

Friday: Work was work. Then I came home and Matt and I went out for a fantabulous date night. We went to Island's for dinner (seriously I love that place) then watched Wolverine. And oh man, I gotta say I loved Wolverine. I love the X-Men movies and I thought this was a great prequel, great special effects, hot guys (hello Hugh, we're friends, remember me? Nice job in the movie), awesomeness.


why hello there Hugh

After the movie Matt and I came home, relaxed, drank some wine and it twas loverly.

Saturday: Woke up earlyish and headed over to Santa Anita to see Matt's younger brother graduate from culinary school. For a graduation it wasn't too bad, they served food and beer, but you couldn't really hear any of the speakers and everyone in the audience talked the whole time. But hey it was a graduation and Matt's brother did it, so woo! Time to celebrate!

Matt, Brad the graduate and Ryan


the whole group celebrating


After the graduation Matt and I went home for a bit to relax and run some errands (yeah I know those two words don't go together but run with it, haha). Eventually we headed over to Matt's dad's house for dinner with everyone to celebrate. We got to eat some tastiness, watch some Robin Williams LIVE and just hang out. Twas loverly.

Once dinner was over we headed over to Michaela's family's house to drink some more, hang out some more, laugh some more, all in all hang out some more. After that Matt and I came home and watched some SNL (ohmygosh Justin is a SNL gem, love it all) and drank some wine. Another solid night.

Sunday: Happy Mother's Day!! Matt and I headed over to brunch with my family and my grandma and it was delicious, I mean who doesn't love brunch? Afterwards Matt and I headed over to Michaela's family's house again to go swimming. It was awesome. The weather was perfect, the pool was perfect, and Michaela has some of the cutest nieces ever, it was so much fun. After swimming I took my mom to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past as a Mother's Day treat and it was actually pretty cute. We headed home after the movie and my dad and Matt cooked dinner and it was delicious. Eventually Matt and I headed home for another lazy night of catching up on the DVR and drinking some wine.

All in all it was another pretty spiffy weekend (yeah I said spiffy what of it?) and I'm already counting down to the next one (but really I mean who doesn't do that? haha).

And how was your weekend? Enjoy the good weather? Drink some wine? Have some good times? Woo!






happy monday!

34 comments:

Joanna Lee said...

You're so bubbly and effervescent! Your writing just puts a smile on my face! I really needed it. Having a really bad day that turned to early morning...so thank you so much!

Isaac Yassar said...

This weekend I tried to get my motorcycle rear brake fixed. It was cleaned and replaced on one of its parts. Unfortunately, it's still the same slippery as before. Ahh, I need to get a new motorcycle I guess :(

Kalei's Best Friend said...

What a cool, relaxing way to spend the weekend.... Somehow I didn't drink any wine this weekend .... too busy w/my 3 adult-kids.... Had a great Mother's Day that started Saturday and ran into Sun.... If u have time u can read up on it...Anywho, I will tell u I received my very first Kate Spade handbag (anniversary edition).... My middle one gave it to me- a big jump from the days of handmade cards- which I still love....

Andhari said...

It makes me zeaaaaaaaalouuus how you actually can have fun with your family and relatives, not that I'm not close with them..but I'm usually limited to mom dad and brothers..I get annoyed with people outside of them, not good.

jen said...

droppin' by... love your blog, i've had so much fun reading your posts! :D

Maxie said...

why doesn't justin just join SNL already?

Anonymous said...

Aw, I bet those are the shorts you got Matt! Haha, they're fun. :)

J$

Unknown said...

I'm only 6 weeks old, but my Mummy loves your blog. She says it makes her smile, and that's great news for me. If you'd like to remember what it is like to be six weeks old, please come and have a look at mine too! Lots of Love VLV xx

http://verylittlevoice.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

It is so funny how everyone I talk to mentions brunch for mother's day. I don't know how those two things became linked, but perhaps it is the combination of being able to wake up late, and drink at breakfast!

joy refurbished said...

We took my mom to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past too:) I will be posting photos tonight.

San said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, K.

My weekend was great,too: the Boston Red Sox won last night :)

Julie Q said...

ooooo its always great to have a professional cook in the family :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Your blog is so fabulous. It definitely put a smile on my face today. If only my blog was a pretty as yours...

Ali said...

Wine always = a spiffy weeekend. Glad yours was so...spiffy!

rachaelgking said...

I had a lovely weekend... until I went to bed last night. :-) Glad yours was wonderful, love!

Gabriel Popa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle said...

Wow, you were busy and it sounds like fun. I am new to your blog, but am liking it so far.
http://midlifemommy07.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. No wine here -- just a lot of dirt, weeds, and muddy feet & paws as we ripped up our backyard. Boy - I could have used some wine after all that!

Love your blog! Thanks for sharing!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

john
registry cleaners

Ariane said...

Hey Katelyn...
I found your blog suddenly, and I
readed some lines about your life...
And I felt like i know you for long time ago... it's like you was one of my best friends...
I'm brazillian, and now i'll always follow your blog!

See ya

Farmgirl Paints said...

Congrats on being in the blogs of note!! Cute blog:)

Anonymous said...

You seem to have such a wonderful life, I love how you are so cheerful, I wish I had such enthusiasm in me. You are an awesome writer!
: )

amanda said...

i'm jealous of you! you always see
so many movies. i never get my butt to the theater. ughh.

i can't wait to see wolverine-and i'm glad you approved it. as well as ghosts of girlfriends past. hollla.

yayyy for graduating culinary school, matt's brother! and i love the madras shorts matt is wearing.

Hottest & cutest said...

I concur... Wolverine was awesome.. Glad you had a great weekend- Love your posts! Thanks

Auburn Kat said...

My wknd was really good and even though I had a four day wknd it was too short! =)

Bayjb said...

Wolverine is next on the list. After the Star Trek man candy, I'm ready for seconds!

Nathan Glovinsky said...

this is neat-os
please please follow my blog!
it would mean so much!!!!!

http://nate-glovy.blogspot.com

michelle woo said...

My weekend was great. Ran lots and lots of errands. I feel like my life is in place again.
Yay to Matt's bro!

Tada! said...

WHAT COLBIE IS PREGNANT! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! Anyway, I hope they never bring Stella back. Her character ruins the show.

Geneva Flooring said...

oh the wine. so delicious and satisfying.....for the first couple glasses...I drink white wine, but I need to stop. Red is better for you, lower in calories, and doent make your mouth go numb from tart after two glasses. Which do you drink?

Anonymous said...

How much cake do you eat each day

Annette said...

Hi. I just stumbled..well, actually didn't stumble...actually saw you on Blogs of Note. Congrats! One read and I am a fan! You sound like you are enjoying life and that is fun to read about. And wine? Who doesn't love wine? What is the world without a nice glass of wine? I see you are reading Janet Evonovich. Isn't she hysterical? I just start laughing out loud when I read her books and my husband just looks at me like I'm crazy...especially when I try to explain to him what it is that I am laughing about.

Unknown said...

I have alot to learn about blogging... you are really good at it ! I had a relationship like that this once, lol... lost it ! I'm just busy getting old now... I do love life but here lately, not really. I have to young adult girls and they are awesome ! Are you looking to have kids any time soon ? Oh, and I am a new mammy... her name is Brooklyn age 6 weeks, I also have a grandson, age 3 Bryson, love them babies ! You sound really fun, have a great week doll !

Subodh Kumar said...

lovely...........