Thursday, October 22, 2009

The offline blogworld.

So I've been thinking lately (crazy right? haha) about how much blogging and bloggers have infiltrated into my real life. And it's not even just me, kay even told me yesterday how I popped into her dreams and we haven't even met, haha! But then I realized how much it really happens in my every day life. Examples...
  • Whenever Tyra says "smile with your eyes" or "smize" I think of Jamie and how she used to post Top Model recaps and how every time we see each other we joke about being fierce or prepping for Tyra.

  • Whenever I hear a Kelly Clarkson song I automatically think of Ben and his love for her.

  • Whenever I hear some BSB related story I think of Deutlich because she's a true super fan.

  • Whenever I see a big fountain I have the urge to jump in it and can only think of the ladies in Vegas.

  • Whenever I hear "Hey Soul Sister" I think of Renee. And her infamous super awesome 20SB video blog.

  • Whenever I see a story about Jim...er John Krasinski I think of his second wife-to-be, Jess.

  • Whenever someone tells me they have a cat I tell about LiLu's cat's hilarious pee story. Seriously I laugh every time I tell it.

  • Whenever I want macaroni and cheese I would prefer Nicole make it for me because hers is amazing.
And that's just a few of them....

Basically bloggers, you're taking over my life! And I'm okay with that :)

Just know that you're all awesome and I love that I think of you when I haven't even met most of you before. That's just how superb you are, woo!



Do you think about bloggers at random times when you're not online?



happy thursday!

21 comments:

Shelley said...

I used "twas loverly" in a blog post yesterday. Definitely influenced by you bc I don't know anyone else that says that!

Doniree said...

YES! I actually had a dream last week that included Kerri, Peter, and Derek.

No joke.

And the word "fierce" reminds me of Jamie. And Burger King crowns remind me of both of you, etc., etc.

All the time. And I LOVE it.

Katie said...

Yes, definitely!

I always reminisce on being in Chicago with Derek, Doniree, Courtney, Mawls, Phampants, Rachel(iza), Nico, Erini and everyone else!

Even being in NYC reminds me of a bunch of them because of the meet up they did here in August.

rachaelgking said...

Oh, don't worry. It makes me laugh every time I see him pee and she's sitting on the back of the toilet... I hope against hope that it happens again!

nicole antoinette said...

Yes, yes, yes. This kind of thing happens to me ALL THE TIME.

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Totally.

It's a little ridiculous, actually.

I've had dreams where I feel like BFFs with someone afterward...and I've NEVER MET THEM.

Or I'll tell a story I read on a blog, forgetting where I heard it...and just say, "One time, my friend..."

Anonymous said...

Delurk! You should know that everytime I'm invited to join a network, I'm reminded of you and how you let me know about 20SB.

Thus far: no invitation has been as effective.

Anonymous said...

Short answer? YES! I have dreams about once a week that includes random bloggers, some I've met, others I haven't. There are certain shows, topics and events that I associate with them too. It's kind of fabulous if you ask me. =)

Jennifer said...

I always talk about stories I've read about my bloggy friends. And when someone asks, "And who was that, did you say?" sometimes I stutter for a moment, and then I say, "Oh, just a friend."

Mandy said...

I no longer distinguish between my IRL friends or my blog friends -- they are all my friends. But I do think about the friends I've met through my blog and when I dont hear from them either through email, cell, or their blogs I miss them, even if I've never met them.

Maggie said...

totally happens to me too, but I've given up separating the bloggers from the non blogging friends. so I'm totally with Mandy's comment!

Kay* said...

hahaha! yes, you were in my dream! and so funny because we've never met - so i have no clue if the voice you had in my dream is your real voice! hahahahaha.

this is not the first time this has happened btw. i'm often retelling stories my 'blog' friends share to my 'real' friends...so werid to explain to them "well, i don't KNOW her but i mean...she says..."hahaha

Rachel said...

Just yesterday I was thinking about how I like cheese so much more than I used to... and then I thought... "Hey my recent cheese addiction reminds me of Katelin." HA! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's great how our blogging friends become people that make us laugh, smile and people we can always rely on! :)

Erin said...

YES! Bloggers have taken over my life too...and I couldn't be happier about it.

Like Nora, I have fairly frequent dreams involving various bloggers.

Jamie Lovely said...

We are so fierce. hahah

I miss you like crazy. We need to be in the same place again. I'm thinking I venture out to LA to hang with you, Nico and Phil soon!

Bayjb said...

Aww honey I'm so touched you said I would be JK's second wife :) you're so sweet. Whenever I think of LA I think of you, same with certain Twitter profiles and of course any kind of blogging conference. Mwah!

Lindsey Marie said...

I constantly find myself in conversation with people, and then trying to tell a story about something I read in someone's blog. but it's weird, because normally i start a story with "i have this friend who..." but i'm not sure i should use the word friend because i've never met them. but i dont want to start with "I read this one person's blog who..." cuz i don't like how it flows or something. it's so hard, but so awesome at the same time!

B said...

I do that too!!!!

And I am incredibly honored that BSB make you think of me. Hahaha.

Belle Renee said...

I've been away from the blogosphere for awhile and imagine my surprise and excitement seeing this!! Whenever I have headphones in and may or may not be eating, I think of you and your yogurt/headphone issues. Hehehe.

Ali said...

In response to your question:

ALL the time!

It's kinda weird actually. Weird in a good way since I pretty much adore everyone on here. But yes, they have popped up in dreams.

And that's when I know blogging is my obsession.

PS: DC! Haven't thrown one of those in there for a while now, thought it was due.