Thursday, September 4, 2008

Autumn is awesome (most of the time).

I love Autumn. I mean it. I really do. It's always a gorgeous season, leaves changing, cooler weather, football season, I mean what can be bad about that? Well as much as I love Autumn there are a fair amount of things I could go without...for example:
  • It gets dark earlier. I hate it. Leaving work when it's pitch black outside is the biggest downer ever. It is seriously a slap in the face, it's like the world is laughing at you saying "Ha! You spent your whole day at work and now it's over, suckkkkkka!"
  • All the bad drivers come back when it's darker out. I swear, it's insane. I have to yell at way more idiots than usual, telling big trucks not to hit my cute little car and it takes me twice as long to get to and from work in the Fall/Winter simply because people become idiots when the sun goes down.
  • And not only are the drivers bad but it's like they multiply overnight! I have no idea where they come from? People going back to school? Jobs resume in September? I don't have a clue. But it's like everyone and their mother and their mother's mother decide to get on the same freeways as me every dang day and I do not like it.

  • Allergies. Gah. As you've probably noticed from my tweets lately my nose has decided to retaliate. Day one of no more Summer and it decides that sneezing should be my new hobby. As if I don't have enough to worry about these days with work and my new apartment my nose is effing everything up by making me sneeze at least twenty times a day! Is that even necessary? It's a good thing my job has plenty of tissue available because otherwise I'd be screwed.
Well as much as I hate when it gets dark and bad drivers and my ridiculous allergies I also love Autumn. I think it may be my favorite season of them all (crazy I know). But there are really so many things to love about it too...
  • Leaves. Seriously who doesn't love seeing changing leaves and leaves falling? It's just so pretty. Granted it doesn't usually happen as much here in good ole So Cal, but luckily I've been able to visit the east coast or mid-west every October the past couple years (and this year is no different) to visit friends and admire the Autumn awesomeness. Love:



  • Now I don't really care so much about pro football and what have you, but college football? Yeah that's a whole other ball game (literally, haha). I love college football so much better than pro and it's just so fun to watch, especially USC football. They're my team! Go Trojans!



  • Halloween. It should come as no surprise that I love Halloween. Heck I love all things costume related, I think it's so fun! And this year Halloween is on a Friday!?! That's a true sign of awesomeness. Oh the potential for Matt and I's first trick-or-treaters or even a costume party!? Ah! I can't wait! :)

  • Fall television. Clearly I am a TV addict. This should come as no surprise, especially after this post, haha. So the fact that it is Autumn means that all of my favorite shows are coming back and I'm so excited. Granted I'll be more excited once I actually get cable and a DVR (woooo hoooo that's happening today! finally!).
And what do you love or hate about Fall/Autumn/whatever you call this coming season?






happy thursday!

28 comments:

dmb5_libra said...

Oh yes...I hate that pitch black at 5pm thing. i love the daylight! the fact that i have to sit in fluorescent hell all day and can't enjoy a little bit of sun when i leave for the day is depressing.

other than that, fall is my most favoriteset season, not only for the lovely foliage and halloween, but also because my birthday is in october!!! my birthday alone makes fall great ;)

Anonymous said...

What up for Halloween! I start my seasonal job at the Halloween store today and I could NOT be more excited!

Sara Jane said...

I was just talking about this yesterday!

I love fall colors...and Halloween...always loving a good reason to dress up!

B said...

I really only get into college football too.. GO HOKIES!

nicole antoinette said...

I love autumn too! It's so different in Cali than back east though- but I'll deal :)

I'm also so insanely excited for the holidays this year! I have my own place to decorate. Ah and you do too!

ps- I better f*cking see you before 2009 haha

Grits said...

I hate the early darkness but love, love, love: cooler weather, COLLEGE FOOTBALL (Go Gamecocks!), and Thanksgiving!

thatShortchick said...

hate hate hate the early darkness...REALLY affects my mood in a sour way.

love the color changing and the new wardrobe - cardigans, boots, scarves.

for your allergies, have you tried claritin? it truly helped me out when i got attacked by spring pollen.

Renee said...

Katelin, I was going to write a comment about how much I love fall, too... but then I saw you're a USC fan. I didn't know this. We might have to agree to hate each other for the next few Saturdays. As a diehard Notre Dame fan, I cannot morally enjoy your posts anymore.

I'm sure we'll work it out ;-)

Tiffany said...

i love fall too. i think its partly because i get to use the words "crisp" and "brisk". also long layering and the smell of burning leaves. yay fall!

amanda said...

I LOVE the Fall.
It's sooo pretty!

What I love most?
The smell.
Fireplaces burning...
leaving burning...and
that crisp chill in the
air. Cozy sweatshirts
and jeans and cute boots...
hollla.

Lauren said...

My allergies aren't behaving either. It's VERY annoying.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

the smell of fall is what i like. the bonfires and the cardigans. and football, lots of football.

Hillary said...

what I love about autumn:
Thanksgiving
my birthday!
carving pumpkins
yummy seasonal Starbucks drinks

Rahul said...

The seasons never change in California and I am A-OK with that.

Anonymous said...

Katelin,

I agree that people just don't know how to drive in California, especially when it's either dark or raining. What's up with that? Great post! I'm going to include it in next week's "Wednesday Spotlight" on my site.

Dolce said...

My favorite season is definitely autumn...except for the hayfever. I could live with out that, but otherwise, I'm anxious for fall jackets, fashionable scraves, and football games.

Julie said...

I love Fall too!
My bday is in Sept so there's that...

But I also live in New England and fall is the BEST time of year here.

brandy said...

The getting dark earlier one is the one that I really hate. Because by the time you go to work it's dark and it's dark when you leave work (at least it is here) that you feel like you miss your whole day. Le sigh. I'm not looking forward to it.

Dana said...

If I have to let the summer go then I welcome the nice cool fall weather and the change of season.. But i too hate the fact that it starts to get darker sooo early.. It drives me nuts and I hate it!

sarah marie p said...

Ughhh I too HATE when it's dark when I get outta work at 5:30 p.m. Sooo depressing! noooo!! But I do love that it's not 100 degrees and I can go for a bike ride after work without sweating up a storm! eww. ha.

Bayjb said...

I totally agree about the getting dark earlier thing. Depressing.

Britni said...

I just got some nasal steriods for my allergies, and they're doing wonders for me!

Auburn Kat said...

You are SO right about the bad drivers!! Where do they come from all of the sudden?

I love the fall but also hate how it gets dark out earlier!

Farnnay said...

you have fall allergies??? that is super weird. i love the leaves, cooler weather, and believe it or not, i like that it gets dark early. I used to look forward to changing the time in august.

glamour girly said...

I am so excited about fall! It is my favorite season.

molly said...

i too love the autumn except for the getting dark early part!

Mega said...

Getting dark early sucks. I like the cooler weather though.

Vanessa said...

Oh wow! I don't even know where to start, I love Autumn. It's my favorite season and my favorite day of the entire year is when it gets cool and crisp and you know without a doubt, summer is over. I make a huge pot of soup and bake fresh bread on that day every year to celebrate. I love seeing the leaves change and I love it that it doesn't stay light as long. I don't like it getting dark at 4pm so much though. I love that the new TV fall series begins and I can make things like stew and winter veggies like squash. I love sweaters and scarves. Halloween is the best holiday ever especially if leaves have turned and are beginning to fall. I could go on forever here, but I'll wrap it up by saying, I love Autumn and get energized by it like most people do the summer.