Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday funbits.

So remember how happy I was when I got my business cards way back when? Yeah well I feel almost ten times cooler now that I'm out of them! I am out of business cards! I don't know exactly I had to begin with, but I feel so cool knowing that I've given out that many cards, so very grown up of me, wahoo.



I officially finished A Million Little Pieces and I am slightly torn. I heard so many great reviews about it and don't get me wrong, I did like it, but I'm not sure that I absolutely loved it. Yes it was heart wrenching and emotional and crazy to read, but I don't know that I'll read it again. However I definitely want to read about Leonard in My Friend Leonard so I'll let you know how that one goes.



My coworker saw Ryan Gosling walking past my job...AGAIN. Same time he walked by the day before and he was strolling on the street with friends and mohawked dog in tow. I know I keep talking about him, but really I can't help it knowing he's been within my proximity twice in TWO days! Yes I feel it...today, today I will meet him. And I will praise his work on MMC and I will pretend I'm not allergic to dogs and ask to pet his mohawked friend. Seriously, today has to be the day....please?



Josh Kelley is coming out with another CD, To Remember, September 23rd. Seriously I love Josh's music. It's lovely and I have it all. And his newest single "Under the Covers" is pretty Joshtastic (haha yes I'm lame). But really Josh....three CDs in one year? You are straining my wallet man. That doesn't mean I won't be at Target September 23rd picking it up though, right after work I am so there.



I saw this link on Jamie's tweet yesterday and I am so glad I checked it out. I'm always amused with the witty political humor. My fave is from Michelle "Baby, don't forget to pick up eggs on your way back from the Middle East." Haha, classic.



Fringe is growing on me. Even though this week's episode was freaky as hell I definitely liked it better than the season opener. It doesn't hurt that Josh has plenty of screen time and there is some humor here and there too. So yeah people, start watching Fringe and we can chat about it.



Other than all of that funness, I have a busyish but not so busy weekend ahead again and I sort of love it. Playing it on a whim...sort of....and seeing what happens is just what the weekend doctor ordered for me.

Any weekend plans for you?




happy weekend!

28 comments:

Missy said...

I can't believe you work in a place where celebrities just wander past! I need a job like that.

Anonymous said...

yay! you watch fringe!!!! yes last episode was crazy and i had to look away a couple times (taking out her eye!?) and how awesome was it when he sang 'row row your boat'?

Anonymous said...

you better chase ryan down today!!!

this weekend is going to be a bore b/c I am broke. I think I'm going to have another NCIS marathon :-)

Jen said...

Alright now this is getting a tad bit ridiculous with all these close calls with The Gos. You need to take the day off, buy a lawn chair and park your butt outside your office building so you can see him today. Don't forget your camera and tell him I love him for me. Thanks!

Ok, that pic of Pacey is just adorable. Note to self: WATCH FRINGE!!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

if you're in the LA area, you have to go see Josh play at Hotel Cafe. he's amazing!!!

amanda said...

Today is SO your day.
Watch out Ryan...here
she comes!

And Josh. Yum.

Anonymous said...

If you meet him, I better get a text saying so!

I will melt into a big puddle for you haha

dmb5_libra said...

do not leave your desk EVER AGAIN. leave a chamber pot there (i know, gross). bring a sleeping bag and a change of clothing. then maybe you will see the elusive celebrity breed:

ryan gosling.

La Petite Chic said...

Ryan Gosling's dog has a mohawk? Even more of a reason to love him!

Anonymous said...

Jeez, does Ryan live near your building or something?!

David and I are going to a charity event rodeo/barn dance/muttin' bustin' this Saturday. So fun! I'm going to buy my first cowgirl hat tonight :)

Bogart said...

Beach clean up, 7 mile run, church and a sweet board game/dinner night on Saturday with some friends...wooo hooo

Chris said...

I wish that I was afraid of freaky stuff and scary movies so that I could watch Fringe. I really, really, really want to, but I know it would be a bad idea.

sarah marie p said...

Ohmygosh! hahaha Thanks so much for sharing that onion link! Love it! Love Obama, love the onion! YAYA!!!

Rahul said...

I just don't like the name.

Fringe.

Makes me want to cut it off.

brandy said...

My fingers are crossed you see Ryan with your own eyes. So you can write about it, so I can read it and scream like a 14 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert.

I'm a geek.

And I like that we both have Pacey pictures up... that's ALWAYS a good thing!

Dana said...

yay for friday - I hope you have a fabulous weekend.. enjoy it girl!

Dana said...

PS - check back tomorrow or monday... I have bling for you!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

ill chat about fringe with you anytime!!

Anonymous said...

That picture from the Onion is classic! I love the Onion so much.

Vanessa said...

My weekend plans are not so great, apartment hunting but not in the fun, excited way. Homework in the I've-put-it-off-for-too-long kinda way. Can I come hang with you instead?

Tipp said...

I cannot believe you missed him again! Geesh!

Charisma said...

Crazy that you should be posting about Ryan! I just watched Half Nelson...!!! He looked so beautiful and tortured in that one! Tell me you saw it!! I'm dying to talk about the oh so poignant scene at the end...

Oh and I'm seeing Alanis tonight and babysitting tomorrow, those are my weekend plans. =)

Auburn Kat said...

I've had a busy wknd so far, I watched Made of Honor and License to Wed and helped my dad paint. I am exhausted and sore from painting!

geri hirsch said...

i loved the fringe pilot!

Libbi said...

Thats so cool that celebs just wander past you!
I loved reading the other bolyn girl recently, you should try it!
Libbi
xx

cdp said...

Girl! I've been gone from bloggyland for so long, it's so nice to come back and catch up with you!

Yay for being out of business cards!

I luuuuurve Josh Kelley.

And I hope your allergies are feeling better.

Bayjb said...

I am crazy jealous about your Ryan Gosling sightings, so unfair! Fringe if growing on me too but this week was super scary. Super scary.

Anonymous said...

You know what? They gave me business cards last year when I first started at my current job, but I've NEVER ONCE given one out. It's kinda cool, for sure, to have something with your name and contact info under a logo...but I'm just not the "Hey, here's my card" type, I guess. :)