Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm Happy and I know it.

Oh man, ever have one of those days, or weeks even where work just gets you down? I'm trying my best not to be stressed with all of my new stuff and slowly bu surely I'm getting to it all and hopefully kickin butt in the process. But with all the stress and work I've had lately, there has been more than enough good stuff to go around such as:
  • The more than obvious Ryan run in that still makes me happy (especially since there have been two more sightings since, woot).

  • The same Ryan run in post has brought in tons of new readers a la Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling forum boards, holla. (hi new peeps!)

  • My Dodgers won the NL West! After a season of ups and downs, multiple letters to the team and numerous close calls with the Diamondbacks we actually clinched the win! Woo hoo! Go Blue!

    and my other team....the Trojans.....yeaaaaah we're not talking about that. (although if you ask Matt he'll tell you all about it)

  • The Grey's Anatomy season premiere is waiting for me on my DVR to watch this weekend and I cannot wait. So no one tell me what happened okay? Sweet thanks.

  • Matt and I are slowly but surely getting into a groove with our apartment. It doesn't help that we're both so busy and our schedules are constantly changing but we're doing our best and that's just fine for me, woo.

  • Jen and Violet are just the cutest mommy/daughter duo and it's been too long since we've seen their adorableness and it just makes me smile:


    precious!


  • Lovely Bones. As creepy and sad and disturbing as this book is, I absolutely love it. I'm pretty sure Matt is even getting tired of me saying it because every time I put it down I say "I just want to finish and know what happens, I love this book!" Luckily I only have 20 pages left and I can't wait to see what happens at the end, I've been so enveloped in this story it's crazy. Well done Alice, well done. Oh and random side note: Ryan Gosling was originally slated to play the dad in the new movie adaptation of the book, however because he looked to young Mark Wahlberg replaced him. Crazy huh? Ryan is everywhere! :)

  • In one week I'll be gallivanting around Ohio with some of my favorite friends and I cannot wait! Wahoo!

  • Matt and I are having a little housewarming shindig this weekend and I can't wait. I don't even know who all is showing up but who doesn't like to have friends over and drink and be crazy. And hey maybe even my neighbors will come over to partay too? But woo for housewarmings!

  • It's Friday! What better reason to be happy could I have than that?!?

And what's making you happy today?





happy weekend!

26 comments:

dmb5_libra said...

my lunch is making me happy :) but truly i would be happiest if i was in bed....

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

ooooh so glad to hear you're reading the lovely bones.
i think i mentioned it in a comment earlier, but it is my FAVORITE book of ALL TIME.
love love love.

(oh and woohoo for all the other terrific things too! =) very happy that you're happy!)

Unknown said...

I thought about you as I watched the USC game (because I'm creepy like that). Sorry for your loss. :-(

Hillary said...

the fact that it's Friday is pretty much the only thing making me happy right now

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

omg, i LOVED that book. perfect to read around halloween!

P said...

Violet really IS a gorgeous child, and the spitting image of her mother albeit blonde.

And as for "The Lovely Bones" - it totally surprised me. Not my sort of thing at all, I'm fluffy happy chick-lit through and through . . . but my flatmate recommended it, practically forced my head into it . . . and then I greedily devoured it in about half a day. Such a fantastic novel.

B said...

I think I need to purchase that book, then. I've been looking to read more again and I just don't know where to start. Thanks for the heads up :)

Dana said...

i thought Grey's was pretty good - enjoy it!

And have a super weekend!

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome that you met Ryan!! That would definitely make my week ;) Glad you're getting some new readers and I hope you enjoy your awesome housewarming and Grey's Anatomy weekend!

Jen said...

The Lovely Bones is probably my most favorite book of all time (except I say probably because Twilight may have moved into first place). I linked your Ryan run-in story on my blog too. I'm all about sharing the Ry-love. :)

Marketing Gurl said...

I loved the lovely bones too. I like your blog!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh you met ryan - FINALLY! it's been so crazy at work i haven't had the chance to check in. oh my gosh! YA! did you throw in a go canada reference? maybe i should just read the post below - so happy for you! we canucks are awesome i tell :)

what's making me happy today is that, despite the fact that i'm STILL at work, i'm going to see ms janet in concert in less about 48 hours! so psyched.

okay - i just read the post. that's awesome. cute pic! loves it.

oh yeah - also wanted to say the lovely bone is good though it feels weird to say that based on the kind of book it is...i've just picked up another book by the same author (can't remember the title) but i've just started the new oprah book club one so it'll be next.

happy weekend :)

*~Dani~* said...

I am so happy I left the office early, even if it means I have to get there early on Monday. I need some rest and some relaxation!!

The book sounds good. I will have to get it.

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the video from Jimmy Kimmel that had Michael Phelps premiering on Grey's Anatomy? As one Dr. McSwimmy. The video is fantastico! Oh, and I would totally pop over to say hey for the housewarming party, but I've got kind of a crazy weekend ahead. I say blogger happy hour once you're back in town! We simply MUST. :)

Vanessa said...

Hooray for housewarmings! What's making me happy is I have finished one week of massage therapy school and absolutely LURVE it!

Kerri W. said...

The Lovely Bones is my favorite book ever. When I finish reading it, I always want to pick it up and start again. It is so incredibly moving, for lack of a better word. Such an amazing story...

And are they still doing the movie? I heard forever that they were doing it (heard about Ryan being in it too - and he's not now?) but I haven't really heard anything about it recently. I wonder if they're going to ruin the story by making a movie. Like The Other Boleyn Girl. (Man, I hated that movie. Such a great book, too.)

Aaaaand as for happiness? Just being here. Being alive. Being loved. :)

Anonymous said...

yay for being so happy!!!! i hope you have a lovely housewarming shindig :)

Auburn Kat said...

Maybe you could slip Ryan my phone number? =)

sarah marie p said...

Aww, I'm sorry work is being so dang busy and stressful for you - i hope it gets way better ASAP! But I think it's great how you have such a positive attitude and decided to focus on the good stuff! Go you! Hope you have so much fun at your housewarming party!

amanda said...

Yayyy to your Dodgers...
but an even bigger
YAYYYY to my Phillies!
Cheers!

Ryan...still jealous
and happy over your
"bump in!"

Jen and Violet...they
really are too cute!
Can't wait to see what
will be joining their
sweet, sweet family!
Boy/girl? Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love Ryan Gosling. I wanna meet him too!
My new apartments making me happy :) and the fact that the cubs clinched the division!

Princess Pointful said...

The first chapter of the Lovely Bones shook me so badly, and I cried like a baby at the end. Sooo good.

molly said...

i love the lovely bones and i cant wait for the movie!
what a beautiful book, and so well written

Bayjb said...

I have never been able to finish the Lovely Bones. I've tried twice and couldn't. Also, Grey's was okay (no spoilers, promise) but not great. That's slowly getting closer to being moved out of the DVR

Susie said...

Can't wait for the Lovely Bones movie!! I might have to read the book again before then since it seems like so long ago I read it.

Swoon. Still jealous over you and Ryan :) :)

Bogart said...

Booo Dodgers...

Boooooooo..