Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekends are not meant for allergies.

As you can tell by the title the allergy gods shined the curses upon me and I suffered all weekend long. Gah. But I still made it through....barely...

Friday: Sadly I did not see Ryan Gosling. Even after forfeiting my lunch break to eat and read inside and look outside the lobby window, Ryan decided to not walk his dog...damn. I guess I shouldn't look for him any more and if I'm meant to see him, I will. Nonetheless I was still bummed so I watched some Notebook clips online to feel better (don't judge, haha). After work I headed home to hang with Matt for a bit then before I knew it I was off again for my coworker, Kimmy's birthday at the new Hollywood hotspot Kress. It was a pretty good time. Dinner was sushi for me and lots of tasty Japanese themed stuff for everyone else and plenty of drinks for the birthday girl:
my phenomenal sushi, mmmmmmmm


the birthday girl with her drinks


After dinner we headed downstairs to the club part and danced the night away. It's a good thing wine hides allergies and sneeziness because man I don't know how else I would have survived the night, haha.
All the ladiessssss


caught a little off guard, haha


oh what a good time


All in all a fun night but man was I ready to fall asleep by the time I got home, oh sweet bed I love you.

Saturday: After sleeping in (thank god for allergy meds), Matt and I got up, watched some college football and ate breakfast, twas lovely. After a while we ran some errands a la our parent's houses. Afterwards my allergies officially decided to wage war against me and give me the worst headache ever. So a nap was officially in order and I didn't wake up for four hours, so that was nice. Matt came over to get me and we headed over to his brother's girlfriend's parent's (MBGP) house to watch some football and celebrate a birthday. All in all a great night, minus the watery eyes, itchy eyes, sneeziness and freaking fatigue, oy. It ended up being a pretty tame night and I went to bed fairly early and was just full on lame, but I definitely needed it.

Sunday: After and allergy med induced sleep I woke up feeling much better and did some dilly dallying around the place while Matt went to MBGP's house for some pro football and birthdayness. Basically another lazy day, I did another 6 mile walk with my mom and met up with Matt at MBGP's house for dinner and cake, and finally came home to catch the end of the Emmy's (oh yes my thoughts on those winners and outfits manana).

All in all my kind of lazy weekend and just what I needed after such a busy week and ridiculous allergies that just won't leave me alone. Hopefully this week will be a wee bit better....fingers crossed.

And how was your weekend? Sneeze free I hope :)




happy monday!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went out friday night, but I spent the rest of the time lounging around and taking naps. At least I feel rested now.

Anonymous said...

I officially hate you. How do you get attacked with allergies and STILL look that adorable on Friday night? I'm jealous :)

Anonymous said...

that sushi looks delicious...i think that's what i want for lunch now ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better! Tell those allergy gods to leave you alone!

thatShortchick said...

yummy sushi! now i want some!

you walked 6 miles?!?!! go you AND your mom!!! that's bloody amazing.

La Petite Chic said...

What a fun weekend! That sushi is making me hungry :) And hooray for college football Saturdays :)

amanda said...

No allergies here
over the weekend!

Pshh. But besides
that...it sounded like
you had a great couple
of days! Which is just
fabulous! I always love
some fun hotspots.

And Ryan Gosling is in
your future...I can feel
it!

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

you're pictures from friday are adorable. looks like a good time!

i pray you're allergies decide to settle down soon - i had them for the first time ever this past spring, and it was HORRIBLE.
and being the forgetful girl i am, i never remembered to take allergy medicine before coming to work, which made me the disgusting, sniffly girl on the skytrain. siiick.

Katie said...

aw too bad you missed him! I missed Jessica Simpson when she walked right by me on my birthday (I didn't look up, then when I did, I only saw her from behind from a distance).

So it's not meant to be... but how can it not be meant to see these people!?

Anonymous said...

You went on a 6-mile walk and called it a "lazy day"?!? =)

That'd be a major workout for most people.

I'm looking forward to your Emmy update.

megabrooke said...

sorry you were sneezy! i didnt have allergies but i did have a nasty cold that im still trying to kick. glad you were able to still enjoy the weekend though!

dmb5_libra said...

jeeze, six miles? thats impressive for a relaxing weekend! mines was pretty fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sushi looks deeeelish!! I hope the allergies vanish soon! And your Ryan Goslin stalking is cracking me up ;)

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i thought i was coming down with a cold, but now that you mention it, my symptoms were probably due to allergies as well! sounds like you made the most of your weekend anyway :)

Dana said...

hope you're feeling better girl!! Look slike you guys had a blast - but your weekend always look just fabulous!

Andréa said...

YAY! For happy weekends! B got his 5 month pictures and he was as adorable as ever!!

sarah marie p said...

Sounds like a great mix of fun and relaxation! yay! hope your allergies start behaving themselves!

Bayjb said...

Ryan will come around again when you least expect it. Don't wait for him and suddenly he'll appear :)

Auburn Kat said...

My allergies have been bugging me too!! The weather was perfect here this wknd, I wish it was like that all the time!

Maris said...

what a fun weekend! allergies are the worst in the fall :( happy monday to you too!

So@24 said...

Whoa whoa whoa!

Why wasn't I invited??

Allison M. said...

watched What happens in Vegas.

More funny than I ever thought.

Unknown said...

omg me too! i had a nasty case of allergies this weekend that actually forced me to stay home from work on friday...though i did mention to get out on the weekend to go antique hunting...go figure...

Anonymous said...

I think everyone had the allergy crap this weekend--wth? I've never had the courage to try sushi, I think it's the whole mind over matter thing concerning the uncooked fish. Eeek! Looks like you girls had a great time! Love your shirt too!

Stephanie Olsen said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Princess Pointful said...

I had pretty much the greatest weekend ever. I'm posting about it tomorrow :)