Monday, September 29, 2008

Nothing says houseparty like Jell-O shots.

Oh. Em. Gee. What a freakin weekend kids. I mean really. It was slightly ridiculous. And I'm still recovering....oy vey.

So here we go:

Friday: After a week of allergy induced days and nights Matt and I decided to take it easy. So after work we relaxed at home, caught up on the DVR and enjoyed some good ole Chili's to go, delish. Not even kidding, it was one of the best nights in a long time of sheer relaxation and awesomeness, haha.

Saturday: Woke up "early" to run errands all around town. Who knew you had to do so much to get ready for a party? Between the two of us, Matt and I went to Target, Circuit City, Ralph's, Old Navy, Target again, Matt's mom's house, my parent's house,Smart and Final and Circuit City yet again, haha. After the errand running came the apartment cleaning and playlist creating and food cooking and showering and whew. It was a lot to do but totally worth it. We had a pretty great turnout of people and all around a grand ole time...pictures you say? Pshaw. Of course I took pictures :)

yes we're back in college, woo Jell-O shots


what lovely ladies


Megan and JR, so cute


Matt, me and Brian, presh


Roomies! :)


haha, we crack ourselves up


Me and Matt with my cousin and her fiancee, woo


Reppin the yellow, haha


The guys hangin outside


I have no idea what Kat and I are doing, haha


All in all it was one great party. My friends all brought gifts (which they totally didn't have to) ranging anywhere from gift certificates to red wine and freezer shot glasses, haha. I finally met my neighbor after I kidnapped her and bribed her with Jell-O shots and a common love of Top Model, haha, so that was sweet. I loved it all. And it was quite the night of great friends, too many drinks, lots of Jell-O shots and impromptu dancing, twas amazing.

Sunday: Sunday...oh Sunday...oh day after a party....oh my liver...my stomach...my head. I swear I'm never drinking again (at least not until this weekend, haha). Er maybe just never doing Jell-O shots again. Who knows? But whatever it was had me curled in a ball trying to sleep away the pain all day long, it was not a pretty sight. Eventually I mustered the energy to go walking with the fam and only made it three miles before I had to call it quits and sleep in the car for the last three miles, haha. Seriously, I'm so not 21 anymore. My body can't handle too much partying, it's so sad. After walking I went to my parents house for dinner which was nice and tasty. Eventually I started to feel better and Matt and I went home, did some cleaning and more relaxing and some TV watching (anyone watch Desperate Housewives? Sooo good I thought. Woo Mike! ), twas lovely. Afterwards we headed to bed where I was ready to pass out for a good night's sleep, but sadly my nose had other plans. I was up every couple hours sneezing or sniffling or cursing at my inability to stay asleep, it was awful. Seriously I need a new liver, new stomach and new nose, pronto!

So yeah that was my weekend, and hopefully this week will fly by allergy free because I'm headed to Ohio on Thursday! Wee!


And how was your weekend?




happy monday!

26 comments:

Bogart said...

Still never had a jello shot...

Grits said...

We had a big time this weekend, too! So glad you were able to relax for a little bit. I'm still dreaming of my next relaxing saturday off, which won't happen for a few weekends. Those jello shots look delish! But oh how they stick around the next day...;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you relax once in awhile :)

Sara Jane said...

Jello shots are the silent or should I say tasteless killer at parties. Next time you make them call me...I have a secret recipe that makes them even better!

Hope your week is as fun as your weekend!

Katie said...

haha, at first I was like, what is "presh"?? but now i get it.

Desp. Housewives last night <-- I missed it!! must watch on abc.com as soon as it's up!

B said...

my dad had jello shots (LOTS of them) at his 55th b'day party

like, woah.

Dana said...

seems like the party was a success....

And I love me some jello shots, LOL...

Rahul said...

You wore yellow, had jello shots and went to Chili's????

I call this Utopia.

Anonymous said...

Oh my . . . I took WAYYYY too many Jello shots this weekend as well. My head was feeling AWFUL all day yesterday. Thank God for naps and Ibuprofen.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun party!!! I totally less than three jello shots ;)

thatShortchick said...

jello shots are dangerous. but so much fun. awesome pictures!

Blicious said...

cute pics! sounds like a fun party!

Daddy Dan said...

Parties are a ton of work, aren't they? I have to ask, what'd you need to go to Circuit City for (twice!) to get ready for the party?

And wait until you get to be my age...recovering from parties only gets harder and harder!

sarah marie p said...

Wowzers - that looks like a TON of jello shots! Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Yay for your house warming party! Hee - you roomies are so cute!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

jello shots are so deadly delicious. next time try topping them off with champagne. love.

and it looks like a great party! i giggled at the "rommies" caption

Auburn Kat said...

Jello shots are good...and very dangerous=)

Anonymous said...

Jello shots are a gift from heaven.

Bayjb said...

Those are a lot of Jello-O shots missy. Good lord.

Princess Pointful said...

Looks and sounds like a fantastic housewarming party! I need to start switching up wine with jello shots!

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend and party! The pics are totally adorable and you look great. The Jell-O shots are reminiscent of college :)

dmb5_libra said...

wow, jello shots....reppin' old school!

Lexilooo said...

jello shots! fun! its been ages...

d said...

Chili's AND jello shots in one weekend?! show off!

Kim Thomas said...

Looks like a great time had by all.

Kayleigh said...

What is your favorite dish at Chili's?? Love the Chili's.

And that stock pile of jello shots would be enough to even take out the seasoned college drinker. Congrats, dear! You are a hero! :) Looked like so much fun.

amanda said...

Looks like a party
that I would have
totally enjoyed.
Yeah. Good times
for sure.

And lotssss of
j.e.l.l.-o. shots!
My tummy and head
would have been a
hurtin' mess the
next dayyyy.