Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend oh weekend.

Oh man so usually I have my weekend updates posted Sunday night or ready to go Monday morning but alas as you can tell this bad boy isn't going up until now, oh well. The weekend tired me out and I was in bed by 10 last night, oh yes I am a rebel, haha. So le weekend? Care to hear about it? Okay why not, here goes:

Friday: Workity work work. Fun times. After a day of work, came home and had dinner with Matt (so tasty) and hung out for a bit. Later headed on over to Old Town and went to Barney's Beanery (one of my fave spots) to meet up with my Little who was in town for the OSU game.



I seriously heart this girl. So yeah that was fun hangin at Barney's for the night with Lindsay, her bf, and Matt. Afterwards Matt and I just headed home, relaxed, watched some good ole tele and called it a night.

Saturday: I felt like the most productive person on the planet Saturday morning. Within two hours I went to the post office, the library, the gym, the bank and the grocery store. And in the last hour I rewarded myself with some good time shopping in Old Town at Victoria's Secret (where I ran into my 5th grade teacher....now if that isn't awkward I don't know what is), H&M and Urban Outfitters. So by the time I got home I had plenty of bags of awesomeness and was definitely ready to settle down with some football.

Eventually AJ came up and me, Matt and him all went to Matt's dad's house to watch the game of the day...USC against OSU. Now I'm not one to brag but I got plenty of texts and messages from my Ohio friends and all I had to say to the embarassment of a game was Fight On! Simple and to the point, haha. After the game we (me, Matt, AJ, my sister and her bf) all headed back to our apartment for some drinkin and some Apples to Apples, we are awesome:

aw the bfs
(aka my bf and my sister's bf, not bfs to each other, haha)


my sister is too cool for school


Naive:
HRC and GWB, haha
we're so political


Woebegoone:
India, Disneyland, My Love Life,
hahaha


I was totally winning


I think we'd had a bit to drink by then, haha


I'm impressed Matt would even touch the SC shirt, haha
but I still love him


Matt and AJ showing some love, haha


the guys reenacting the Jack in the Box commercial,
oh boy


Oh man what a great night...even if I didn't win Apples to Apples, haha.

Sunday: More football watching and apartment cleaning and all around laziness on my part, which is just how a Sunday should be spent. Late in the afternoon I did a 6 mile walk with my mom, aunt and uncle to prep ourselves for the half marathon we're walking in two months and man was it a workout. I wasn't too tired when we were done but about an hour later when I was home I was definitely ready for bed, hence the early bedtime, haha.

All in all twas a lovely weekend and I'm sad it's already over, but hey only 5 more days until the next one right? :)


Oh and check out my interview over at Daddy Dan's, I'm so random it's ridiculous sometimes, haha.



happy monday!

25 comments:

sarah marie p said...

Oh I love Apples to Apples! How fun! I must buy that game to have it for my very own! And I'm jealous of your shopping. I wanna gooo!

Grits said...

Awesome...apples 2 apples is too much fun! Glad y'all had a good time! :-)

Binary Blonde said...

I love Apples to Apples! Such a fun game! I first played it years ago with my best friend and had to get for myself. :)

Go USC!

Anonymous said...

Your weekend wrap ups always look so fun! I want to hang out!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I had an awesome time with the NEW boyfriend ;) Remember David from our first date? Well, it's officially ON!! Woo!

Princess Pointful said...

Apples 2 Apples is a riot!!

Larissa said...

Love Barney's Beanery!

And LOVE the ass-kicking that OSU received on Saturday.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Oh yay! I'm glad you had a good, pretty low-key weekend. Those weekends are always good. That picture of your sister reminds me of my friend Bryana. She poses like that it a lot of pictures!

Rahul said...

Thanks for the shout out on the interview! At least UCLA won.

Oh wait, no.

Dana said...

that is such a great game, love it... Glad you had a fab weekend!

Sarah said...

oh how I heart apples to apples!

Auburn Kat said...

I've never played Apples to Apples before!

Anonymous said...

i'm not commenting on the whoel osu vs usc thing, because aj an di have already exchanged words...BUT.

thos pictures? priceless. glad you had a great weekend babe! xo.

Kim Thomas said...

Nothing beats hard core apples to apples.

amanda said...

I love Apples to Apples.
Board Games...I could get
lost in them!

Sounds like a superb
little weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the interview, Katelin! I'm glad you agreed to do it!

Unknown said...

Hey Katelin, I saw you on Matt's blog, saw you were "local," and wondered if you'd considered doing the "Walk for Liz." If you dunnno what I'm talkin' 'bout, look here

http://helpmattandmadeline.blogspot.com/2008/09/lglm5k.html

and here

http://www.flickr.com/groups/lizlogelin5k

A couple of walkers are gonna meet Sunday morning at Placerita Cyn. We'd love for you to join us!

Matt's friend,
K8 in the Northridge

Vanessa said...

I love that game! I'm such a board game nut!

Julie Q said...

yes! apples to apples rocks, but you totally already know that.

i LOVED your interview on Daddy Dan's, thanks for the shoutout! its so crazy back in teh day when only a few people read our blogs :)

Shelley said...

I luuuuurve apples to apples.

Sounds like a good weekend!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

the numbers of saturday nights i have spent playing apples to apples during the winter is just ridiculous.

but don't you worry, i'm not complaining.

Susie said...

You always have the best weekends ever!! And I still really need to play Apples to Apples. Can't believe I haven't yet :(

So@24 said...

Apples to Apples! My favorite boardgame!

There have been some pretty messed up ones though...

We had the card be "Senseless" and someone put down Helen Keller.

Damn. Damn.

La Petite Chic said...

Love the photo of you in your sunglasses! Looks like you had an awesome night (and weekend!) :)

dmb5_libra said...

looks like you crazy kids had fun :)