Thursday, September 18, 2008

I have a confession.

I'm a sucker for a celebrity run in. It shouldn't come as a surprise though. I love seeing celebrities anywhere and everywhere (examples here, here, here, here and here in case you needed reminding) or anything celebrity related as exhibited by my constant Hollywood posts.

So it comes as no surprise that my coworkers make sure to tell me whenever they see celebs out and about at lunch time. So far I have missed seeing Mandy Moore, Josh Kelley, Katherine Heigl, Keifier Sutherland and most recently Ryan Gosling. Now I love Mandy, she is one of my faves around so I was pretty jealous of that sighting. And Josh and Katherine....ummmmyeslovethemboth but I have met him after one of his concerts so I was okay with that one. And Keifer, yeah that's just a sweet run in even if he isn't one of my faves.

But Ryan Gosling. Ryan Gosling. My coworkers saw him at lunch last week and apparently he has been known to walk past our office in the past and I missed him. Gah. And to add icing to the cake, I came back from lunch yesterday to an IM from my coworker saying "you just missed Ryan Gosling." asflajslfjldjgslgj! Seriously!?! Seriously? By ten freaking minutes I missed him! I ran outside and looked up and down the street sadly to no avail. No Ryan. I swear I am never leaving my desk again.

But why do I care you ask? He isn't Keanu or Josh or Craig? But still, it's Ryan! I have liked him ever since his days on the New Mickey Mouse Club...not even joking I made my parents get Disney simply so I could watch MMC.


Ah love.

And then after the Notebook, how could I not like him!?! And as I have posted in the past, he just seems like such a nice guy! And apparently he has a dog with a mohawk so that gives him even more cool points. And he's dating Rachel again...so keep on adding the cool points, for reals.

I don't really know what I would say to him if I do finally see him besides "hi" and "I loved you in MMC" and "you're awesome" but that's neither here nor there, I just want to see him. Is that too much to ask? Negatory. So Ryan if you're reading this, I just want to say "hi" and see this infamous mohawked dog so walk slower okay? Sweet, thanks.



In other celeb news that makes me all happy inside....the preview for Kate and Leo's new movie has hit the web (check it out here). Revolutionary Road looks a lot more dramatic and has a lot less water than Titanic and hopefully will do just as well. I just love Kate and Leo together...obviously...and a new movie with them is just what the Hollywood Doctor ordered, wahoo.




[insert Matt shaking his head and simply laughing at his Hollywood obsessed GF, haha]




happy thursday!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously where do you work that you get to even hear about these people walking by! I will keep my fingers crossed he passes by again :)

Michelle and the City said...

ok he might need to be added to my top 5. hot damn!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

omg what would you do if you say joshua and ryan TOGETHER?!? omg - you might explode.

California Girl said...

OK, I love Ryan too and my sister and I used to watch MMC religiously -- and I never made the connection! Gah! Did EVERYONE come from MMC?

As far as Leo and Kate, I heart them so. I haven't seen any previews from the new movie though... hope they can pull it off as effectively again.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i was thinking of ways to console you about just missing ryan, but come one, this one hurts!

dmb5_libra said...

mmm, ryan grew up nice!

i love that him and rachel are back together. i'm so happy for them (like i know them and discussed this with them over lunch last week).

San said...

Ok, this might sound like a stupid question, but WHERE do you work again?... that you have Ryan Goseling walking by your office???

Ah!
I would LOVE to meet him, too.

amanda said...

Haha. I'm the same
way with celebs. I have
been so mad to find out
that drool-worthy peeps
have been walking down
the VERY same street I
just was...only an hour
apart. UGH. It breaks my
heart.

Ryan Gosling. Swooon.
He's SUCH a cutie.

And yay for Leo and Kate
hitting the big screen
together, again!

B said...

I would give my left ovary to meet Ryan.Seriously? He was my favorite Mickey Mouser along with JT and Tony Lucca.

::rowr::

Princess Pointful said...

I swear I saw Owen Wilson walking out of a restaurant across from me a few days ago!

Vanessa said...

Ryan Gosling=swoon

Anonymous said...

God I love Ryan Gosling. I don't know what I would do if I seen him!

Then I would call you and tell you what an ass I made out of myself hahah

Anonymous said...

I love love love Ryan! You are right, ever since The Notebook he's totally on my radar. I'm jealous you even get a chance to run into him--I'm in Colorado--not gonna happen. With his scruff he's just so handsome. I just wanna kiss his yummy lips :)

Anonymous said...

a good celebrity spotting is always fun...when i was in la 2 years ago me and my girl friend were at dinner at koi and spotted rod stewart. yeah, not my first choice but whatevs. we canadians are polie - i'm sure if you strike up a convo with ryan he'll be all for it. ask him something about toronto to get him chatting-lol.

Rahul said...

Ryan Gosling?

He owes me $8.50 for Murder by Numbers.

Lauren said...

Mmm...Ryan Gosling...

Sorry, I was drooling.

Hillary said...

Everyone thinks that my brother-in-law looks like Ryan Gosling. I could try to get him to walk past your office if you wanted.

James said...

I have to share...I met Ryan Gosling at 40Deuce a couple years ago. 1.) He's tall. 2.) He's freaking hot. It was all I could do not to just jump on him.

Dana said...

OMG!! I was the biggest MMC fan.. I made my mom buy me the jacket and when we wen to Disney - MGM - I went for a taping of the show... I mean I was like 9 at the time - but I loooooved every minute of it! I can't believe I admitted that! LOL...

sarah marie p said...

Man, that is SO unfair! Hmm... well, third times the charm, right? You must see him soon, you just must!

Pretty Unfamous said...

I think I would fall down dead of a heart attack if I met Ryan Gosling. Gah! What a hottie.

And Mandy Moore? I would probably cry. She's DEFINITELY my idol!!

Jen said...

So this is my first time visiting your blog, but I'll definitely be coming back. I'm a sucker for celebrity run-ins too, but I tend to try to force my run-ins, by stalking the celebs. I don't get much action in my part of the country, so I will live vicariously through your almost meetings of Ryan Gosling. Oh yes, he is my absolute favorite. I worship him almost daily on my blog.

Jen said...

And you mentioned the new Kate and Leo movie. Now I know we are meant to be BFFs. Other than McGosling in The Notebook, they are my absolute favorite duo. Can't wait for this movie!

Auburn Kat said...

Is it weird that I never watched MMC?

Anonymous said...

for real, people make fun of me for being celeb obsessed too.

also, i heart you for saying negatory. IIIII say negatory!!!! AWESOME.

also, i love that ryan gosling is canadian! WORD!

Tia said...

dude. ryan gosling. HELLS YEAH. i effing love him. and with rachel again? is like christmas.

Bogart said...

The problem with Leo is that I keep looking at him and seeing Leo...he does not become the character he is playing, I always see him as Leo.

Watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape and tell me that even when he is playing a "mentally challenged" individual, he still is Leo.

Charisma said...

I. Was. OBSESSED. With. MMC!!! And totally adored Ryan.