Monday, September 8, 2008

Cultured domesticate is my middle name.

Ah yes, another weekend enjoying the grown up life, I really can get used to this. Although it wasn't me typical weekend of busy busy busy, I throughly enjoyed being able to relax and mosey about the weekend activities.

Friday: I was initially going to go to a screening of Fringe at the Paley Center but instead decided that there was no chance Josh Jackson would b there (but if he did end up going man I am going to be pissed) so instead Matt and I made our very first dinner in the new place and had his bro and his girlfriend over. It was so grown up of us and I loved it. Matt got to use his new BBQ and made some short ribs, I utilized the stove top to make some tasty pasta and the oven was heated up for some delicious bread. I was going to take pictures but by the time it was time to eat the hunger was taking over. All in all it was a lovely meal with lovely guests who even brought a lovely gift (a pirate wine bottle holder) and who doesn't love gifts? After they left Matt and I just enjoyed a bottle of wine and some television, ah loverly.

Saturday: Slept in a bit, did some hanging up of more pictures and made the place a little more homey (I love it). After a bit I headed over to Matt's brother's girlfriend's parent's house to watch Matt's live fantasy draft and man was it worth it. Watching the draft was so funny and there was plenty of good food and fun people to keep it amusing. The only bad thing was that my allergies kicked up big time and I had to leave. Came back, napped then went with Matt to a friend's BBQ. Had some more tasty food and saw more lovely friends and before we knew it it was time to leave again. We rushed back home, got ready and then headed over to the LACMA for a Flash back event with a couple friends. It was a pretty fun event, lots of people, lots of cool paintings and photographs from the 70s, all around a cultured evening. Here let me show you...

one of my favorite pictures of the night


so what's this picture exactly? haha


one of my favorite paintings of the night


me and Matt enjoying the museum


the girls (minus Kat) smiiiling for the camera


the boys in their "natural state"


and showing off the dance moves


the awesome light display in front of the museum


Kat and I "hiding"


All in all it was a lovely night. Afterwards Matt and I came home so I could take more allergy meds and hit the hay ( I know, I'm living on the edge, haha).

Sunday: I was such a bum. And it was awesome. I watched some football, some movies, finished reading The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (which was pretty cute by the way), got some quality naps in, did some cleaning, it was quite nice actually. I'll be more productive this week, I promise.


And how was your weekend? Anything exciting going on? Any grown up like stuff? :)




happy monday!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was lots of Wii this weekend. Lots of catching up on tv too and the VMAs!

Renee said...

My grown up weekend consisted of driving back to Indiana and NOT sitting in the Notre Dame student section for the first time in four years. Then I worked all day yesterday. Sucky.

B said...

I all kinds of love your outfit

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

love the dance moves.

my weekend was crazy fun, now i just need to write about it. oy.

Anonymous said...

My weekend = homework + work + horrible cold. So much fun! Not ;) It looks like you had a great one though, and I love that picture of your friends standing there checking out the art, ha!

Chris said...

Tony came home a few days early from his trip! We had a lovely weekend like yours. I'm so glad you're so happy with your new place!

molly said...

awesome pictures! looks like a great weekend

Anonymous said...

I love that, cultured domestic! Very cute! Well it seems like you are filling your grown up shoes very well. Great weekend!

Dolce said...

You are such and adult. The lights in front of the museum look like a wonderland.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Dolce, those lights were beautiful! I went to an alumni football game and got a nice tan on Saturday. Woke up at 4am on Sunday for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (pics to come) and then talked on the phone with the NEW boy all day long. I just wrote about him for the first time and I have something fun going on tomorrow :)

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

love the pictures!

our sunday's were basically carbon copies of each other. and i loved every minute of my laziness & napping =)

dmb5_libra said...

i got distracted by your mentioning short-ribs...god , i need to eat lunch!

also, that's a really neat-o light display :)

Vanessa said...

Those lights are amazing! As for grown up like stuff, I did laundry. Does that count?

nicole antoinette said...

This is going to be a random ass comment:

Your hair makes me happy!

Dana said...

you always have the best lookin weekends.. My adult weekend consisted of fine dining and gambling in AC....

Auburn Kat said...

Don't you ever wish to have a wknd of doing absolutely nothing?

Julie Q said...

lazy sundays! woo hoo. Maybe I should read a book called "The Wedding" since I'm on my super obsessive fixation with weddings

Kerri W. said...

I love that photo of you by the light display! Dude. I want one of those in front of my duplex. How cool would that make me?

:)

Glad you had a great weekend! I love your updates. If only my life were more exciting, maybe I'd write one...heehee.

Anonymous said...

i wanted to hang out a tiff and rub elbows with the stars but that didn't work out...hopefully this weekend, it will!!!