Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday TV Roundup.


I am a TV fanatic. There I said it. Got it off my chest, now you all now.

So with that being said, I am so incredibly glad that sweeps are almost done and that my shows will go on hiatus, because I can then just go out and not have to worry about setting the VCR (yes VCR, I am not cool enough to have a DVR just yet). So here are my two cents on how my shows ended:

Monday shows:
Heroes: Okay, so I have to skip this one, because instead of watching the finale last night, I went to a Dodger game instead, then there was a mishap with the TV so it didn't record. Thank goodness NBC has Heroes online, and all my Heroes questions will be answered? Did they save the world? Who dies? ahhhhh.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: Okay so another show that has actually yet to finish and sadly when it finishes, it will be done for good. NBC is just stupid and didn't know what to do with this good show. Actually NBC just has problems in general lately and doesn't know what to do with most of their shows. Luckily they are bringing Studio 60 back for a couple more episodes on Thursday and will wrap it up. Tear.

Tuesday shows:
Law and Order: SVU: Okay wow, I'm just an idiot, so far I can't have opinions on finales because my first three haven't had theirs yet. SVU's finale is on tonight, full of celeb appearances and intense drama, love it. Ludacris is guest starring, I like him, so hopefully it'll be a good episode.

Wednesday shows:
America's Next Top Model: So this ended last week. And I must say, I wasn't too thrilled with it. Heck I wasn't a huge fan of the whole season. It just wasn't that good. The girls weren't that great, there wasn't that much drama, not that much suspense, and no real stand out. Jaslene won, which was a good comeback story, but I still didn't think she was the best. Hopefully next season will have some better competitor's, photo shoots and all around challenges.

Criminal Minds: Man, I like this show more and more after I watch it. But wow, it is ridiculously twisted and mostly creepy, haha. I don't know what that says about me, but it's just so good. The finale was very good in my opinion. It had a returned serial killer who framed Giddeon and went on a rampage until he got his "love" back. When they finally caught him and he basically brainwashed his love again, he held her hand and they jumped in front of a train. Wow. Did not see that coming. But I'm glad there was no cliff hanger, sometimes I just like my shows to end.

Thursday shows:
Grey's Anatomy: Okay. I love this show. I really do. Ever since I started watching last year, I have just loved this show. And I finally watched the whole first season and I loved that too. The show just had me laughing (mostly at Cristina) and just full on interested in the bizarre medical scenarios it presented. However, the finale. Wow. There were really no words I could give to this finale. It basically left me utterly depressed. I am already said that Addison is leaving and getting her own spinoff, but the door was also left open for Burke and George to leave as well (who are rumored to be leaving in real life). Basically there was little humor (granted Cristina with no eyebrows was hilarious) in the finale and no one really had a happy ending, except Joe and his partner holding the babies they may or may not get to adopt. Come on Shonda! Give us something! Basically I am hoping that next season will give some hope and some humor to the dedicated viewers who admire drama but not total devastation.

CSI: Another classic show. I love it. I definitely admire CSI:'s tactics of drawing out the "miniature killer" all season and bringing viewers back in an attempt to counter the popularity of Grey's at the same time slot. In my opinion, it was a brilliant move. The minature killer was so bizarre, yet so intriguing at the same time. So to bring the killer back in the finale, amazing. I enjoyed seeing the killer finally revealed (a crazy woman who has serious issues) and caught, but not after she had already kidnapped CSI Sarah and placed her under a car somewhere in the desert. The show ended showing Sarah still alive, but no one knowing where she was and the crazy killer not talking, hello next season.


Sunday shows:
Desperate Housewives: Another show I have come to love over the years. I must say this may have been one of my favorite finales. The episode showed the return of a "pregnant" Bree, Gaby's marriage to a career obsessed and driven politician, a look into Lynette's tumultuous relationship with her mother, Susan and Mike's private wedding and the ultimate shocker, Edie committing suicide. I thought it was all very clever. Some sad parts, but in no way as sad as Grey's was. I loved the fact that Bree was covering her daughter's pregnancy and the romantic tension between Gaby and Carlos when they both realize they have been deceived by their lovers. And as sad as it was I thought that Edie's suicide was somewhat poignant (granted I still don't know if that's the word I'm looking for). Over the past couple episodes they have been building up her vulnerability and desire for approval when she used to be a very headstrong woman. However Carlos changed her, and obviously her dead mother's words looming over head did not help either. I think next season should revive the show that had some slow moments this season and who knows, maybe Edie will be saved, just have to wait 'til the Fall.

Without a Trace: The last show on my list. I'll be honest I missed a couple episodes this year and wasn't as in to it as I have in the past. However, I thought the finale was good. The team stopped a pedophile before he struck again, yet at the end of the episode, the pedophile's target was picked up and tossed into a van and the credits rolled. No idea where that came from, next season will just have to solve that mystery for us.


Well that's my TV roundup. Here comes summer, full of movies and more movies, woo.

0 comments: