Monday, November 24, 2008

I came, I saw and I Twilighted.

Seriously why is the weekend over already? This weekend was the perfect combo or laziness, awesomeness and Twilightness. Care to hear about it? And I swear I won't talk Twilight for the whooole post...

Friday: Got home from work, hung out with Matt where we decided that we didn't want to go anywhere or do anything besides drink some wine and have some pizza. It. Was. Awesome. We even went so far as to order You Don't Mess With the Zohan for some ridiculous entertainment. The movie was actually pretty funny, hell it might have been funnier because I was on a wine high but it was still a good time. Towards the end of the movie our neighbors came over to have some more wine and rum and pretend to be pirates while we watched Pirates of the Caribbean, I don't think we stopped laughing once.

oh man it was a good time


Matt and the neighbors embracing their inner pirates


Seriously it was hilarious and such a good time. I polished off my own bottle of wine and there were plenty of other empty ones by the end of the night and I know we all stayed up way past our usual bedtime, but it was so worth it. Pirate Nights = YoHotastic, haha.

Saturday: Amazingly I woke up hangover free and headed over to my hair stylist to do my semi-anual chop. Seriously I have no patience with my hair and when it gets to long I chop it, see Exhibit A:



So yeah that was nice, afterwards headed to the museum for my brother's family day thing which was cool. But the best part of the day came when Matt and I headed down to Huntington Beach to hang out with his brother and his brother's girlfriend for the night and see Twilight. Seriously, Michaela is more of a fan than I am and I love it. We watched some of the recorded intervies on Ellen, TV Guide Channel and MTV to get even more revved up. So we had dinner, got ready and headed to the movie theater. Well we stopped at a bar nearby first so the boys could get some alcohol in them before enduring the movie with us. Finally we made it to the movie and I couldn't have been happier, a month of anticipation all in front of me.

So what did I think? I sort of really liked it. For a two hour movie it seemed so incredibly short, I feel like it could have gone so much longer and added so much more story but alas it was not. Rob Pattinson was definitely swoon worthy the entire time and I thought the story was there, just not as deep as it's described in the book, obviously. But I stil liked it. And hell apparently I'm no the only one since it took in the top spot with 70 million this weekend and they officially got the greenlight to start working on New Moon. I don't want to go into a review or anything but know that I'm hopefully seeing it again and I just left the theater feeling elated and happy and uber lovey dovey (I think Matt was even lovey dovey too, haha)



After the movie and comparing notes we all went back to Matt's brother's apartment for some celebratory champagne and games. It was just the Twilight night I had envisioned and hoped for (and yes I am a complete dork).



Sunday: The typical day of an eye appointment, watching football with Matt, six mile walk with the family and my little brother's 13th birthday party. Seriously how he's 13 I do not know, it baffles me.


Speaking of the crazy little brother, I wrote a guest post over at Dana's sharing my thankfulness of brothers, I'm not even joking, I don't know what came over me, haha.

And that my friends was my weekend in a nutshell. And I'm so happy this week is a short work week so I can do it all over again with just as much awesome, lazy and ridiculous, woo!


And how was your weekend? See Twilight? Love it?





happy monday!

32 comments:

Grits said...

Glad to hear you had a loverly Twilight weekend! I've still got to get the books, so I can get on the bandwagon. There's just not enough time in the day! ;-)

Auburn Kat said...

I'm with you on your review of the movie. I liked it but the book was a lot better. It would have been hard to take everything from the book and put it in the movie!

Oh and Edward...YUM!

Shelley said...

Wine hangovers seem to his me harder than other types of alcohol hangovers. Did you do anything special to ward off one? Mmm. Wine. I'm going to celebrate with one or two of em the day I'm done with my last. final. ever. (At least until I take masters classes)

Sounds like a great weekend with pirates and vampires (vampires? werewolfs?) and wine.

B said...

Dude! I used to say that about my brother too! And now he's TWENTY-FOUR!

Aaah

Anonymous said...

I need to see the movie again. I cannot handle it's awesomeness!

Lauren said...

Saw it Friday night. I really liked it!

Bogart said...

Good to know you are a game person...I have a big recommendation for you...Qwelf. I cannot tell you how much fun it is for people who like games and don't mind being a bit silly. Think of it as a cross between every drinking game you ever wanted to play and cranium. So totally worth it. Go get it. I promise you and your friends have never had so much fun playing a game.

I have zero desire to get into twilight...there was some curiosity until I saw the dude in the picture. Is he wearing lipstick? Isn't he a Jonas brother?

Anonymous said...

i usually find that books are better than movies and it's probably because they can get more in depth. sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I am glad you liked Twilight...as if there was any doubt!

Rachel said...

I'm quite interested in seeing how they make the second movie interesting. Bella does spend a LOT of time being sad and I don't want to see that for 2 hours....

She's crafty, and she's just my type. said...

Ok, so considering budget, time, etc - I thought Twilight was GREAT. Sure, I felt like there could have been a lot more Cullen exposition, maybe an "I love you" uttered, and (ahem) Edward would never honk. Besides those issues, a good time at the movies. I was pleasantly surprised.
I am big dork, too, because I saw it Friday night amongst mass fawning screaming tweens (NOT the best way to do it) and then went to see it again on Sunday in hopes that the tweens were napping (they were, MUCH better on the second viewing. I highly recommend it.)

CIP said...

Glad you liked Twilight. I had many of the same opinions as you, but all in all..it was good, and worth seeing!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you know i didn't see the movie yet, i'm thinking it's going to be the day after thanksgiving for me. can't wait though!

Dolce said...

I really liked Twilight. I saw it twice this weekend - not because I'm that much of a geek, but I had two Twilight parties...my friends are geeks. I liked it much better the second time, but I think it's was because the first time, all the tweens were screaming and clapping throughout the movie.

Rob Pattinson was gorgeous in the film. No one could have played it better.

Allison said...

OMG loved Twilight. I made my friend's teenage daughters go with me to Reno to watch it. It's not like I have to drag them though because they were more than happy to go with. I agree that it could've and should've been longer, but all in all I loved it. I'm going again to see it this weekend when it comes to our theater, I'm pretty excited. I think it'll be better seeing it twice at the theater. hehehe

Rahul said...

Anytime Pirates are involved the night has to be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Robert Pattinson is so very, very lovely. I'm glad to be reading some good reviews, since all I was hearing was bad stuff. Hopefully I'll get to see it this weekend and then I'll be able to weigh in on it ;)

Anonymous said...

Twilight was awesome. Sure they missed some of my favorite parts from the book and they did move a few things around, but I have to say, my fan girl heart was very happy with the result. Favorite scene by far was thunderball. Jasper playing with his bat was probably the one thing I remember most about the movie. More Jasper face time in the next movies!

Julie said...

I have heard a lot of disappointment from Twilight Fans about the movie....

But you liked it? Yes?

Jen said...

Wine + Edward Cullen = Perfect weekend!! And your hair looks really cute too, so that is a bonus!

Piper said...

Ha ha, my friday night consisted of lots of wine and Zohan! Unfortunately I was just missing the pirates.
I defiantly agree that the wine made that movie funny!

Allison M. said...

guess I have to see it now. Maybe I'll read the book first.

Anonymous said...

i just finished my second twilight post... need to stop.

we already discussed this and totally agree. a second screening is TOTALLY necessary. pronto!

lOVE that edward pic. he is beautiful and i need to run into him somewhere here in la.

sarah marie p said...

Very cute haircut! Haircuts are so much fun ... and growing out hair is soooo boring! No me likey!

Sounds like such an awesome weekend, you crazy pirates!:) And happy bday to your brother! Glad you liked Twilight!

Ashley D said...

Yeah, I feel like we had the exact same feelings about Twilight. Edward was perfect, but I kept wanting mooooooore!

Bayjb said...

That sounds like a great weekend! Saw Twilight, liked it but didn't love it. I am curious how they do New Moon though into a movie.

Chris said...

I still haven't given into Twilight. Probably should, huh?

Anonymous said...

i had no idea what twilight was...i'm so out of the loop!!! thanks for the welcome, i definitely missed your celeb updates lol

Katie said...

I can't wait to see it! You've ignited my interest in Twilight...

Dave Q. said...

I can't watch this movie. The guy playing the vampire (at least I think he's the vampire) looks very feminine. And I guess I always figured vampires to be kind of bad-asses. :)

Unknown said...

Kyle is too funny haha.... love that picture!
Ps he called me this morning at like 810... brat. i mean thats okay cause i didnt call yesterday cause i was doing work all day...

woo!
see you soon for tday

<3

amanda said...

Arg! I dig the pirate attire.

Twilight...sighh.
I'm glad you enjoyed.
I mean...I did too. Sort
of. I think I'm just
being harsh. Because I
wanted it to be everything
the book was. And I'm not
willing to except otherwise.
Hah.

But I am SO happy that
it topped the box office!
Fo'real.

Happy Birthday, little brother.