Monday, March 16, 2009

Take that Rachel Ray!

Oh another weekend already over? I mean really why the heck do they go so fast??? If only the work week went as fast as the weekend, haha. Anyhoo the weekend was loverly and I didn't injure or break anything, woo!

Friday: Like I just said, despite my fears on Friday, I made it through the day without injuring myself or breaking anything, woo. On top of it I even got to leave work a bit early which was awesome. Then headed to dinner with Matt at the rent's house. We had some cousins in town from South Dakota so it was fun to chat and catch up. After dinner me, Matt, my sister and her friends went out to the bars in Old Town. It was fun to hang out, drink up and have some good laughs.

Matt and I hangin at Jake's billiards


Kourtney and Matt didn't really want to have their pictures taken


Jess and Matt takin Irish car bombs, woo


All in all a fun night at the bars. Definitely a great way to unwind from a busy week.

Saturday: Oh the joys of Saturday. Seriously Saturdays are the best. Basically Matt and I spent the day running errands and hanging out, it was great. Our night consisted of a delicious dinner, the Wii, and some wine (okay more than some, a whole freakin lot, I drank a whole bottle by myself, whoops!). The neighbors came over towards the end of the night to play some Scene It Squabble and it was pretty fun hanging out and havin a good time.

Sunday: Slept in a little late and woke up with a headache (damn you wine!) and relaxed most of the day before going walking with my mom (the half marathon is in a week, ah! ohmygosh!). Afterwards I came home and attempted some baking/dinner making. I realized I'd only cooked twice since I made my New Year's resolutions so I picked out three recipes to try for the week and last night's dinner was Ham and Cheese turnovers via a recipe I got from Real Simple. And to my surprise it was actually delicious! Granted I substituted pizza dough and just used Pillsbury croissants, but it was still just as delicious.



So yay me! I didn't burn it or ruin it or anything and Matt and I devoured all of them, haha. Just call me Chef Boyar-Katelin! Hopefully my luck won't run out and the other two recipes I try this week will be just as tasty.

Anyhoo spent the rest of the nigh relaxing and hoping Monday wouldn't get here just quite yet.


And how was your weekend? Try any new recipes? Drink too much wine or was that just me?




happy monday!

16 comments:

Missy said...

Those look delicious!

I've been without internet for like a month, but I just got it back and went through everything on here that I've missed. Thanks to you I feel all caught up on my Hollywood cuteness and real world news. Love!

Lexilooo said...

Nahhh, you aren't the only one who drank too much wine. I managed to polish off an entire bottle myself Saturday night while writing a paper and then we went to a winery on Sunday for a St. Pats day event! So much fun!

Maxie said...

I had zero wine this weekend.

Isn't that ridiculous?!

amanda said...

I LOVE Scene It Squabble. Soooo much fun. Good laughs indeed.

As usual-your weekend sounds like
it was a real treat. And your Ham and Cheese turnovers look delish! Hollla!

Blicious said...

yummmmmmy!

Anonymous said...

hey i didnt see me any of those stinkin pictures i must be to tasty.

Andhari said...

You're sooo very creative. Those recipes sound good.

The pics are real nice, esp. the first one..

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious! and so does the beer!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you can say i drank too much wine too. :)

rachel elizabeth said...

i am forever drinking too much wine... so i don't believe you are alone in that one!

those turnovers look delish! i might try the same thing but with chicken or something! mmmm.

Laura said...

Reading your blog is making me want a Wii even more than I already do (minus your injuries)! Seriously, I've gotten to the point where every time I'm at Target I walk down the video game isle just to check if they are in stock.
And I definitely fall into the drank way too much wine this weekend category. But I guess that's almost every weekend. Oops

Auburn Kat said...

Gosh I haven't tried a new recipe since Christmas time and it was a candy one=)

Bayjb said...

I moved from green beer to champagne and got hammered on the latter. I am classy. Glad you survived the weekend.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Ham and cheese turnover..interesting.

Anonymous said...

those looks amazing chef boyar-kateline! LOL.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm those look great! and i practically drowned in red wine this weekend - it happens :)