Monday, June 18, 2007

Bob meet Ellen. Ellen meet Bob.

So I know I've been writing about a lot Bob Baker lately, but I can't help. Ever since my friends and I went on the show, it's just been fun to follow him as The Price is Right winded down. And alas the show is over (for now) and Bob is officially a retired man. And he definitely went out in style, taking home the Daytime Emmy for Best Game Show Host on Friday. However, as much as I love Bob, I love Ellen a little more, haha. Ellen DeGeneres is great. She won for best Talk Show host (her fourth I believe), as she well deserves it. Granted having a job has taken away my ability to catch daytime television I still like her, she's funny, and pretty much all around great. So with that said, I'll leave you with part of Ellen's acceptance speech which I thought was hilarious and very Ellenesque:

"I really am shocked.... (talking about "The View") I thought Rosie brought a lot of new viewers to daytime television and it was interesting.....And I want to just start with something controversial right now to kick it off and I know this might not be popular and I don't care because that's what I'm doing. I just want to say it -- I think Bob Barker is a quitter."

Oh Ellen.

0 comments: