Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I can't wait...

for Thursday night, when I get to see O.A.R. in concert at the Wiltern!

Ah! I can barely contain my excitement. I love them. I have seen them in concert three times before, however I feel like this show has to be the best. The first time I saw them I was just getting into them, so I knew like four songs and that was it. And on top of that they were one of four performers on stage that night, so they didn't get to do a whole set. The second time I saw them they performed at UPenn, now that was fun. I went with a friend of mine who doesn't listen to them, but went with me anyways. It was a fun concert, don't get me wrong, but their newest CD had come out recently and they were basically playing songs from that (and I hadn't heard that CD yet!ah!). So it was a good concert, but not great. And the last time I saw them was when they opened for Dave Matthews Band last summer in Arizona. Now I love Dave, but I love O.A.R. more, so I was so excited for them. However, when trying to get into the concert, one of the guys that I was with couldn't get in because his ticket was having problems. So I pretty much missed all of O.A.R. and could faintly hear them over the crazy crown of people at Cricket Pavilion. I got in just in time to hear them play "Love and Memories" and another song and then they were done.



So needless to say, I am ridiculously pumped for the concert this Thursday for many reasons. One reason being that I have basically all their songs (well I think I do, if not at least 94% of them) and know pretty much all of them too. And if I don't know the words I can at least pretend like I know the beat, so that will work. Second reason, I have never been to the Wiltern but I hear it's great and a small venue and I love small venues and I love standing room only. Third reason, my boyfriend is coming back home just to go to this concert with me, haha. He's an O.A.R. fan too(he was actually a fan before I was), but just not as big of a fan as I am, haha. Anyhoo, I just wanted to share my excitement/love for O.A.R! Woo!


0 comments: