Thursday, July 19, 2007

Emmmmmmmy.

So for as much as I am on top of celeb news and what not, I'll admit I had no idea that the Emmy nominations were coming out today, haha. I just happened to catch it on the news this morning as I was getting ready for work, and I must say, I wasn't too surprised. As much as I love Hollywood and all that jazz, the only two awards shows that really get me excited are the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards, everything else is just so so exciting, haha.

However, as I was perusing all the categories and nominations this morning when I got to work I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that they have an Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics category. This is probably my favorite category so far only because two songs from the Scrubs musical episode, a song from Family Guy, a song from MADTV, and probably my favorite one of them all, "Dick in a Box", the skit from SNL when Justin Timberlake hosted. I love it.
So in case you are so out of the loop here is one of the Scrubs' songs "Guy Love":


And if you are even more out of the loop, here's "Dick in a Box"...hilarious:


Obviously there are lots of other categories and nominees but I'm not really rooting for anyone in paticular just yet, maybe just Mariska Hargitay from SVU and Heroes for best drama. That's about all I got so far. Oh how I love Hollywood.

0 comments: