Wednesday, July 11, 2007

ABC as easy as 123.


For anyone who knows me knows that I like to make up ridiculous words. I don't know what it is, but making funny words just makes conversations and emails that much more entertaining. At one point I had even compiled such words onto a document I had titled "Katelinisms" (granted I'm not quite sure where that is located anymore). Off the top of my head I can recall a few:
Wonderous - Meaning, wondrous, amazing, spectacular, fantastic, all of the above
Foculars- A funny slip up where I combined binoculars and bifocals, haha
Splendiferous - Splendid, Ridiculous
Woot- (I can't really claim this as my own but I use it all the time anyways) as a way of saying woo! yay!
P.P.S. - (yet another one I obviously cannot take credit for) but I never use P.S., so this works for me instead

And I know there are some other ones, but I am drawing a blank right now. And the reason you ask to rekindle my relationship with my random words? Merriam-Webster. I just read on CNN.com (yes I am addicted) about the newest words inducted into the Merriam-Webster dictionary and one of my favorites was on the list, ginormous. I love this word, I have used this word for years and years and my love is finally being acknowledged, woot. And for anyone that can't figure out what it means, it's enormous and gigantic combined into one magnificent word, ah lovely.

Some other words that I enjoy that are being added this year, Sudoku, crunk, Bollywood, speed dating and DVR, ah thank you pop culture and thank you Merriam, and Webster.

0 comments: