Monday, July 23, 2007

The hills are alive.....

with the sound of music. Ah yes it is true, I have finally seen the timeless Julie Andrews classic The Sound of Music. My mom and I started watching it a week ago, but our stupid DVD player kept acting up so we had to put it on hiatus. However, last night after I got home from a weekend in Indigo, CA my mom basically said we had to finish it because she got a new copy that had to work and she was leaving on a cruise the next day, so we watched it. And I must say, I am a fan. The songs are so catchy and funny and joyful, it was lovely. And Julie Andrews, how could I not love this woman? She is amazing (as always).
Her character cracked me up the whole movie, Maria was just so funny, yet at the same time she also had me getting mushy whenever she was with the Captain. Their love affair was just dreamy (yes I said dreamy, and no not Patrick Dempsey dreamy, like classic movie love, dreamy). When the movie finally ended (and yes I say finally because who knew they made three hour movies in the 60s) I believe I had a few butterflies of simple happiness from all that singing and romantic longing, it was nice. I was going to give a synopsis of the movie, but I feel as though I am one of the few people who had never heard of Maria and the VonTrap family in the hills of Austria, so I'm just going to skip that part. So another movie crossed off my AFI list, what's next? You'll just have to wait and see.....

For now, Farewell, So long....

0 comments: