Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bathtub bandits.

So have I ever told you about the time I hid in a bath tub with my cousin?

No?

I didn't?

Well today is your lucky day, today is story time here at gorgeous footsteps in the sand...and this is by far one of the most entertaining stories of my childhood.

The story starts with my younger cousin, Brittany and I playing hide-n-seek with my little sister. Being the sneaky older kids that we were we decided that hiding in the bathtub behind the shower curtain would be the hardest place for my sister to find us. And it was. We must have been in the bathtub half an hour at least just giggling at how my sister had yet to find us (turns out she gave up and was playing in our room) and the fact that we were sitting in a bathtub behind the shower curtain fully clothed (we were young and easily amused, what can I say?).

After a couple more minutes of giggling Brittany said to me "Shouldn't we get out of here now? What if your dad comes in??" Now me being the wiser, older cousin that I was, said "No, it's fine, my dad's not even here." .... What do you think happened next? haha.

Not even a minute later did we hear the bathroom door open and shut, and my dad start to pee. My cousin started laughing uncontrollably and I had to hold my hand over her mouth to stop the squeals. However, by then our position had been compromised and my dad ripped open the shower curtain (don't worry he zipped up by then) to see two ridiculously giggly girls. As I recall he let out a "What the???" and then went to the other bathroom to pee as Brittany and I laughed uncontrollably in the tub. It was classic. Had we had a video camera we would have won the big time prize on AFV, oh well.

Needless to say we were banned from playing hide-n-seek for a while and the shower curtain was always kept open, haha.

Britt and I, still silly




happy wednesday!

18 comments:

Dana said...

that is soooo funny.... i wouldn't of been able to stop laughing either!!!

Maxie said...

haha too cute!

Anonymous said...

What made you remember this? Out of curiosity? :)

Also, people hiding behind the shower curtains is probably one of my biggest fears :)

Mega said...

I'm impressed by the fact that your dad was able to stop mid stream.

Bogart said...

Saw this on Yahoo's front page this morning and thought of your blog.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/2008s-quirkiest-baby-names-from-bronx-to-sunday/16317?nc

Bogart said...

Oh yea, stopping mid-stream hurts. Props to your dad for not jumping when he heard the giggles and peeing on you!

B said...

childhood memories are the best!

Anonymous said...

hahah. oooh katelin, i love this.
and you, because you are awesome.

Hillary said...

one of the many reasons why I need a see-through shower curtain

Anonymous said...

KATELIN! i just laughed my little ass off haha that game of hide and go seek is forever engraved in my memory also, we were such little brats--how old were we? 9 and 7ish?
i think it is so great that you remembered it today... remember your dad was such a good sport about it too haha i would be mad now if i opened the curtain and matthew and kurt were sitting there laughing as i peed!!!! :)
see you in a couple weeks over christmas!
love ya xo

Rahul said...

at least he wasn't peeing in the bathtub, that would have been bad times.

Blicious said...

that is so funny! i would have been laughing too!

Katrina 24/7 said...

It was a bad idea reading that at work. Definitely bust out laughing here at the front desk... ahh.. thanks i needed a good laugh!

Auburn Kat said...

HAHA! That is funny!

Bayjb said...

You crack me up. That's all I can think to say :)

*~Dani~* said...

Good thing he just had to pee, you know? Could have been worse. Just saying...

Cute story!

Anonymous said...

for the record, the bathtub/shower behind the curtain was always the BEST place to hide. i always one with that spot. however, i did not (kinda) witness anyone peeing. ;)

xo, bb

sarah marie p said...

You girls are too silly! Heee! And I love the picture of you two!