Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wedding Do's.

So yesterday (almost two months after I posted it) I got another "bridezilla" comment on my Wedding Don'ts post. Seriously people?

However I did realize that I had yet to post a Wedding Do's post. So in all my bridezillaness (ha!) I present the Wedding Do's (so far, because I know this list is going to grow, haha.)
  • Good food. Matt loves cooking, I try to cook, my dad is a caterer, Matt's brother went to culinary school, so it's no surprise that we have some semi-high expectations of the food at the our wedding. Basically we want some delicious food to serve. I seriously cannot wait to do taste tests, man that will be fun.

  • Dancing. Even if I don't want all the corny songs it doesn't mean there won't be dancing! I expect lots and lots of dancing! So a good DJ is definitely top priority. And although I was against the Conga line apparently I don't object to doing it at other people's weddings as evidenced by this mystery pic that showed up from the last wedding I went to.


    all together now...haha.

  • Our own vows. Although I'm no Shakespeare I think writing our own vows could be fun. Chances are something about Speed and ESPN will be mentioned but hey why not right?

  • Craftiness. I've been so inspired by some of the weddings I've been to (and will be going to) lately by the creative ideas and DIYness that I really want to do some fun crafty stuff for our wedding.

  • Pictures, pictures and more pictures. I love pictures (obviously). And we plan on having a photo booth or backdrop of some kind for our guests to take crazy pics, on top of what pics the photographer(s) will be taking. And let's be honest what's a wedding without the fun and silly pictures?

  • Fun. Obviously! We want our wedding to be fun! And now that we're so much closer to making some big decisions, the actual planning has commenced and the fun ideas are coming closer to being a reality (wahoo!).

What are some of your wedding do's?





happy thursday!

20 comments:

Kirsty said...

Wow, looking at your other post - people get worked up about this stuff, hey? I think it sounds like you're going to have a great, fun wedding - because you know what you want. This IS all about YOU after all!

I agree about the dancing. The cheesier the better.

Loredana said...

I'm so with you on the food and your own vows. My husband and I both come from large Italian families, that's all they know is 'good food' so that was a priority. Then I had the genius idea of doing our own vows. I say 'genius' because as I'm standing there and it's my turn to read my vows I start to cry and I don't know if I can get through one sentence. HOWEVER, when I finally do begin to read my vows I am so thankful because vows written by the couple are just so much more beautiful and personal.

Another wedding do is 'alcohol'...a gulp before the ceremony and a sip afterwards ;-)

ria said...

a good dj is a MUST :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photo booth idea! The last one we went to had a photo album next to it so that we could give one of the photos to the bride/groom and write a little note for them. While we didn't do it because we decided to keep our photos a lot of people did and it was a creative idea!

All your wedding dos sound great to me =)

Rebecca Lauren said...

i think your do's are all great! my fiance and i went back and forth with the vows - our compromise was putting together our own ceremony and choosing a montage of traditional vows in a nod towards his more traditional family.

i went back and read your don'ts - and i think the 'bridezilla' comments were a bit harsh. i'm a month and a half away from my wedding and i've been planning since november - in my opinion, it's your day, you can have it the way you want as long as your not compromising your relationships with the people you love. for example - if your 'maids are budget friendly, between jobs, or in grad school, avoiding a $300 dress selection would be sweet!

i hope you're having a blast w/the planning - it really is like planning a big party to celebrate being in love. what could be better :)

weezermonkey said...

Open bar. Free parking.

Lacey Bean said...

My Do's are pretty much all of yours! Haha. Definitely good music. And we won't be doing "interaction dancing". No electric slide, no achey breaky nothing. Only the Horah, cause you know, gotta appease the jews. :) Also open bar, good food, TONS of pictures, and just everyone having a good time. And our photo booth. YAY!

Kathy Campbell said...

I had two Do's for my wedding.

1) Dancing. I told our wedding party that I wanted the dancing part to not be lame (you know, where everyone stands around talking on the dance floor instead of actually dancing) so they had to get out there and dance.

2)Fun. I wanted everyone to have fun.

That was it. That was all. And I got my dreams. Everyone had a blast. Even now, 4 years later, people still tell me that our wedding was the best one they had been to because of how much fun it was.

La Petite Chic said...

I just went back and read the comments on your Don'ts post and can't believe those anonymous commenters. I delete anything mean-spirited on my blog! :)
I love weddings with lots of dancing...we were on the floor the whole time and wouldn't have had it any other way!

Rachel said...

LOVE your ideas. :) And people who give you crap should just keep their mouths shut!

d said...

etsy has an awesome section on DIY wedding ideas/craftiness. So amazing and makes it that much more personal!

Also, if you need help taste testing anything up in the San Francisco area, let me know. I am REALLY good at eating.

Kenji said...

Who got bent out of shape about your wedding don'ts post? It's your wedding. It should be what you want and everyone else should fuck off. And you forgot open bar b/c i really dont want to have to pack a flask.

Anonymous said...

Your posts are so great! :) Love the picture

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i think im in love with your dress in this pic

Bayjb said...

I love all of your "dos." they are so true. Just DON'T do the dollar dance. I hate that, LOL.

Ali said...

Good Do's!

I'd have to add a good hora at mine (I'm Jewish). But I think you pretty much got 'em covered!

*~Dani~* said...

I think you pretty much covered all of the do's. Also, having been a reader of your blog for some time now, I have no doubt that your wedding will be fun and that your guests will have a blast!

Tia said...

the only advice i give brides these days is:

MAKE SURE YOU HIRE A VIDEOGRAPHER.

i didn't. BIGGEST. REGRET. EVER.

that day goes by so fast, there's no way you will get to see everything, much less remember it all.

Danielle and Clint said...

My husband and I look back and our wedding and realized we didn't do all of it for us. That made us mad. We spent all that money to listen to people tell us what we should of done different. So we decided we are going to renew our vows and do things our way in a couple years.

I read your other list and love how people think you should think like them. lol.

Great post!

Bogart said...

you got most of it down...make sure you don't forget to eat!