Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Weekend of Firsts.

Oh man what a weekend of firsts it was indeed. And I can't believe I made it through in one piece, haha.

Friday: Oh how I love short Fridays. Got to leave work early and came home to relax for a quick bit before heading to my Aunt's house to set up for my cousin, Christina's bridal shower. Pretty much spent the night up there doing flowers and moving furniture. Eventually the males (Matt included) came over as well and we all had dinner (Mexican food again and with NO cheese, man I'm good). Basically it was a fun time and we came home earlyish so I could rest up for Saturday.

Saturday: Shower day! And pretty much my day 'o firsts. My first time cutting a mango, not cutting myself while grating, putting flower arrangements together, making sangria (thanks Katie!it was totally a hit)and hosting a bridal shower! Pretty much my whole day was shower related until the day finally started and I'd say it was a pretty great shower.


I think the setup turned out pretty amazing.


and man was that food delicious.


some of the ladies enjoying lunch.


and the other table enjoying lunch as well.


the lovely bride with the items from the "under the sheet" game.


Mothers of the brides :)


I was helping Christina unwrap and took notes of who gave her what,
and apparently it was funny.



Christina and her mom checking out the cake.


oh man what a delicious cake.


the brides to be showing off our rings :)

Basically everyone had a great time playing some games, laughing, eating lots, and just spending lots of fun time together.

After cleaning up after the shower Matt and I headed to some friends house for a BBQ then over to Michaela's parent's house for some football. By the time I got home I was ready to pass out for sure. But it was completely worth it.

Sunday: Woke up early to go with my mom, Christina, her mom and some of her friends to Glen Ivy Spa. It was quite the relaxing day, going from pool to pool and the mud bath and the sauna and yeah it's reasonable to say I was pretty relaxed and tan by the end of the day. It was definitely the first time I made it through the day there totally relaxed and totally happy. After the spa we all headed out to dinner to celebrate Christina and her bacheloretteness.

Eventually I made it home to Matt and we celebrated a Monday without work with some wine and Wii per usual, twas of fun and loveliness.

Monday: Oh how I love holidays. I spent the day sleeping in, getting refitted for my bridesmaid dress, going to happy hour, watching some football and all around being lazy and awesome.


And how was your long weekend? Have any firsts?



happy tuesday!

16 comments:

Kyla Roma said...

Sounds like it all went well, including the games! It also sounds like you might need another weekend if you keep packing the activities in like this! lol

Loredana said...

Sounds like a fun weekend was had! Hey, what's the 'under the sheets' game you guys played at the shower? I have my B.F.'s shower coming up and I want to do something different.

Zoe said...

Glad the shower went well!! I saw Julia and Julie this weekend- have you seen it?? Makes me want to try cooking...

thatShortchick said...

beautiful set up and great job!!

Julie Q said...

Kudos to helping out with what looks like a lovely Wedding shower! Glad you had an awesome weekend :) cheers to a 4 day work week

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting through a weekend of firsts! I can't say that I had anything super exciting or "first-like" happen to me.

Hillary said...

oh wow ... that cake looks delish!

Ali said...

The shower looks like it was a hit, nicely done!

And power to you for being cheese-free. You have my utmost respect (even though you kinda did already). :)

Lacey Bean said...

I think you need to explain this "under the sheet" game. :) Glad to hear the shower was a success.

Blicious said...

wow the shower looked beautiful!! i love your dress! great color! xoxo

rachaelgking said...

Wine and Wii are my most favoritest days ;-)

amanda said...

i love all things wedding. so that shower is just boootyful!

Bayjb said...

Oh my gosh the shower looks great! You did such a nice job. Wooo to you!!

Auburn Kat said...

Sounds like the shower was perfect! Good job! =)

Rachel said...

How awesome! Glad you had a great weekend! :)

La Petite Chic said...

The shower looks like it turned out just beautiful! Glad you liked the sangria :)